Will Stephen Dixon rebound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I thought he was a steal for the pens in the seventh round a year ago. Now, I kow it's the beginning of the season, but he's not having the greatest of starts, statwise. I was expecting him to dominate this year. Anyone with any insight?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
CB is pretty decimated with Bernier and Guenette going back to Halifax, and Ramholt going to the AHL. Even Houle has been pretty bad.

That said, 5 points in 9 games, while not very good, isn't exactly terrible.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Cape Breton as a whole isn't performing well. They've won like one game. And Dixon is tied for first in scoring on his team.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
The whole team has been bad it is true, but Dixon has been very invisible on his own.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He played an excellent game tonight. Almost scored on a breakaway and was grinding away all night. He is still a huge steal for the pens.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The team is underacheiving as of now. They will turn it around, hoepfully for CB fans sake.

Dixon has played well....winning key draws, and working on his 2 way game.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
CB is pretty decimated with Bernier and Guenette going back to Halifax, and Ramholt going to the AHL. Even Houle has been pretty bad.

That said, 5 points in 9 games, while not very good, isn't exactly terrible.

Oh come on don't tell me 5 pts in 9 games is good for someone who scored 72 pts in 55 games last season.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Leachmeister2000 said:
Oh come on don't tell me 5 pts in 9 games is good for someone who scored 72 pts in 55 games last season.
He didn't say it was good, he said it wasn't terrible and it isn't. Give him a break, its only 9 games in.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Leachmeister2000 said:
Wow.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:

If you seen his games, he is still creating a ton of offense on the ice and concentrating on two way play now and he is a great forchecker as well. His offense is still there his teammates are having bad luck withthe pucks not going in same as him right now. Give it some time, it is only 9 games into the season, if he wasn't creating offense then I would start saying somthing, but he is still making everything happen on the ice.

highstickingyerface

Mar 5, 2004
eastern canada
Dixon is a playmaker without a finisher right now.

He is still excellent on the draws but certainly his offense is going to take a huge hit this year because the Eagles lack snipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->