Will Stamkos have another season of more goals than assists?

Will Stamkos have another season of more goals than assists?

• Yes He Will

• No He Won't

Results are only viewable after voting.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
No but he could hit like a 40-45-85 season in the next couple years with Kuch if he gets on a hot streak

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
He's almost out of his prime years age. He's been declining every season since 2013. I don't see him being what he once was.
He declined from 2013 to the end of the 2015-16 season, but since the start of the 2016-17 season he's improved. Goalscoring wise, he's declined over the past 4 seasons; is that what you were trying to get at?

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
27 goals, he's fortunate enough to play on Tampa where it's very easy to rack up ghost assists.
It’s not really that his play has declined, more so his confidence in his shot. This playoff he has that confidence back and this Washington series so far has been the best playoff series of his career.

Reactions: olli

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
No. Goal scoring generally relies more on one's physical attributes, which begin to deteriorate for a hockey goal scorer at a very young age. Stamkos at 28 is well past his goal scoring peak/prime. Not to mention the dynamic of playing on a team with Kucherov.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
He just had 86 points how's that declining?

It's specifically his goal scoring that is declining. In his peak goal scoring years, Stamkos relied a lot on speed and conditioning, which are some of the first things to go as you hit your late 20's.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
As long as you have the type of shot Stamkos has, you can never count him out for 40.

Personally i think he's going to score more next year. I'd imagine in some ways it'll be easier to play when you've played a full season instead of rehabbing for so long.

Hard to vote on this poll though, i mean, maybe not ? He's racking up a lot of assists these days.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
It's specifically his goal scoring that is declining. In his peak goal scoring years, Stamkos relied a lot on speed and conditioning, which are some of the first things to go as you hit your late 20's.
I wouldn’t say Stamkos relied on speed as much as guys who like to carry the puck up ice more than he does (like a McDavid). Stamkos is content letting others carry it up the ice, glide out of sight into the scoring area, and then finish.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
OT, but this guy is a poor man's How Thornton in the postseason. It'll likely keep him out of the hall too.
He's a lock for the hall. Very few players have a comparable statline + postseason award resume, and none of those with comparable resumes missed the hall.

This is a dumb take, and this is from someone who thinks Stamkos has been pretty bad for the past four seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad