Will someone challenge Crosby in 2005?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeC

Feb 28, 2002
L'Assomption
I would like to know if sombedy out there will challenge Crosby for the number 1 spot in 2005.

I heard very good things about Gilbert Brulé and Vitaly Anikeenko but will they be able to challenge Crosby???

I saw Crosby play 4-5 times this year and WOW. The kid is great. Plus, if he was born 1 month later, he would be a 2006.

I dont like comparaison but if he continues to play the way he is doing right now, the kid is a real franchise player and maybe a better version of Joe Sakic.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Right now it seems Crosby is the obvious #1.
Have in mind though that no one thought that anyone would challenge Spezza two years before he was drafted... a lot can still happen.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
We'll know a lot more about the 2005 draft in another year and a half.

Crosby's very highly touted and talented, but the scouts really won't be focusing on the 2005 players until next year...After all, there is this little thing in between where some teams might get Ovechkin, Schremp, or Olesz.:teach:

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
Ricci, Spezza and Bouwmesster were all touted #1 overall for years, nothing is a given. Some 16 year olds develop better as 18 year olds (there draft year) + isn't that where it really counts? How many other 16 year olds in the CHL or in the Euro Leagues are getting the ice time Crosby is, probably a very minimum if any.

If Crosby tears up the Q this year (like he is) he still has out do that the year after, if he duplicates or does worse many will say his development has stalled or they were expecting more. Some other kid will step up, but will he be better than Crosby....it's hard to say.

Only time will tell.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I'm not trying to be rude here, but a lot of early hype is placed on Canadian prospects. I would include American prospects, but there aren't too many top ones to be hyped.

It is because they play locally, in North America.

So we really don't know who may come out of the Euro or Russian leagues that might compete with Crosby, which is why I said I am waiting until we get reports when the scouts start scouting all the 05 prospects.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
IMO Gilbert Brule is the closest thing to Crosby right now. Though he is not as talented yet, you never know. Brule might go on a very high spirel next year...who knows and surpass Crosby...anything can happen at this young of age really. But right now Crosby is hands down #1, come next year you never know though. I still think Crosby will be #1 next year but Brule has some great talent as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad