Will Rangers Be Second Best Team Now? (HF org rankings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbk2006

Dec 2, 2005
So given that NYR is the only team with 4 prospects on the top-50 list, and one of them is part of the Elite-6 group (top 6 prospects are significantly better than the rest), and another one is also in top 25.... does that mean that NYR is now second best when it comes to prospects, behind Pitt (Cros, Malkin, etc)?

TheZherdev

Jul 4, 2004
We could very well see them jump to top 4 in the organizational rankings. That is of course if they do the rankings before Lundqvist and Prucha graduate.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
I love how it's the "elite 6-group". Normally we talk in top 5, top 10, top 20, top 25. I've never heard anybody say, "so who are the top 6 in the draft", or "We're in the top 12 of the league", or "I hope we get a top 12 pick".

Just something I found kind of funny. Sorry to bore you guys with my noticing that.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens should fall from their perch as number one with so many graduating to the big club this year. But depending on who they get this upcoming draft, combined with who they have remaining in the system they should not fall too far. But will no longer be number one, I am pretty sure of that. And that actually is good news for the Pens. Much better to finally begin to have players rather than prospects.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
There will be a lot of prospects graduating over the next couple of weeks, adding a ton of new faces to the next Top 50 list. Similarly, by the time the next Organizational Rankings come out, it will have a whole new look as Pit will be without Crosby and Fluery, Wash without Ovechkin, NY without Lundqvist and Prucha, Phily without Carter and Richards, LA without Brown, Cammy and Gleason, and so on. It will likely be enormously different.

If you looked at it right now, the Rangers are arguably a top 3 team. But by the time the next rankings come out, most likely not.

Skroob*

i think wash is still ahead of NY, too.

Rangers are about 4/5.

They got a great boost from drafting some players in the 2nd this past draft (Sauer, Cliche) that in other drafts may have been 1st rounders. Plus, adding Staal and the great play of Immonen, Dawes and Montoya in the AHL helps too.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Well, for some reason the Caps were in the top 5 without Ovechkin, not sure what will come this time without him.

With Ovechkin, I can see the top 5. Without him, I've always thought their numbers were inflated.

though, they do have a lot of players who could potentially play in the NHL, but I'd think their rankings will take somewhat of a hit as players graduate.

Hfbk2006

Dec 2, 2005
GregStack said:
I love how it's the "elite 6-group". Normally we talk in top 5, top 10, top 20, top 25. I've never heard anybody say, "so who are the top 6 in the draft", or "We're in the top 12 of the league", or "I hope we get a top 12 pick".

Just something I found kind of funny. Sorry to bore you guys with my noticing that.

I wasn't trying to do it by anything other than talent. Here, it's clear that 6 players are clearly better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->