Will Rangers Be Second Best Team Now? (HF org rankings)

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Hfbk2006, Feb 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hfbk2006

Hfbk2006 Registered User

So given that NYR is the only team with 4 prospects on the top-50 list, and one of them is part of the Elite-6 group (top 6 prospects are significantly better than the rest), and another one is also in top 25.... does that mean that NYR is now second best when it comes to prospects, behind Pitt (Cros, Malkin, etc)?

2. Thirty One

Thirty One Safe is safe.

Counting
    yep, for the next 2 weeks or so

3. TheZherdev

TheZherdev Registered User

We could very well see them jump to top 4 in the organizational rankings. That is of course if they do the rankings before Lundqvist and Prucha graduate.

4. Charge_Seven

Charge_Seven Registered User

I love how it's the "elite 6-group". Normally we talk in top 5, top 10, top 20, top 25. I've never heard anybody say, "so who are the top 6 in the draft", or "We're in the top 12 of the league", or "I hope we get a top 12 pick".

Just something I found kind of funny. Sorry to bore you guys with my noticing that.

5. naihlflames

naihlflames Registered User

No way. I still see at least Washington ahead of the NYR and some other teams like a Nashville could be in there too,

6. ReLyT

ReLyT Registered User

what about the hawks

Are the Hawks prospects falling that fast? They are at what 3rd right now? Where do u see them when the rankings come out?

7. Jaded-Fan

Jaded-Fan Registered User

The Pens should fall from their perch as number one with so many graduating to the big club this year. But depending on who they get this upcoming draft, combined with who they have remaining in the system they should not fall too far. But will no longer be number one, I am pretty sure of that. And that actually is good news for the Pens. Much better to finally begin to have players rather than prospects.

8. David A. Rainer

David A. Rainer Registered User

Pro. Gameshow Contestant
    Home Page:
    There will be a lot of prospects graduating over the next couple of weeks, adding a ton of new faces to the next Top 50 list. Similarly, by the time the next Organizational Rankings come out, it will have a whole new look as Pit will be without Crosby and Fluery, Wash without Ovechkin, NY without Lundqvist and Prucha, Phily without Carter and Richards, LA without Brown, Cammy and Gleason, and so on. It will likely be enormously different.

If you looked at it right now, the Rangers are arguably a top 3 team. But by the time the next rankings come out, most likely not.

9. Skroob*

Skroob* Guest

i think wash is still ahead of NY, too.

Rangers are about 4/5.

They got a great boost from drafting some players in the 2nd this past draft (Sauer, Cliche) that in other drafts may have been 1st rounders. Plus, adding Staal and the great play of Immonen, Dawes and Montoya in the AHL helps too.

10. Chimaera

Chimaera same ol' Caps

Well, for some reason the Caps were in the top 5 without Ovechkin, not sure what will come this time without him.

With Ovechkin, I can see the top 5. Without him, I've always thought their numbers were inflated.

though, they do have a lot of players who could potentially play in the NHL, but I'd think their rankings will take somewhat of a hit as players graduate.

11. thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala Everyone! PANIC!

Then Minnesota could be in the top 10 again :D

12. Hfbk2006

Hfbk2006 Registered User

I wasn't trying to do it by anything other than talent. Here, it's clear that 6 players are clearly better than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.