Will Monahan hit 30 again?

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
Why is this important?

Its important because Calgary hockey has always been defined as lunch pail hardworking guys that
mix it up. Gordie Howe hat trick if you will. Iginla, Peplinski, Lanny.......

Our top line center is not of that ilk. Monahan needs to toughen up like Bennett.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Its important because Calgary hockey has always been defined as lunch pail hardworking guys that
mix it up. Gordie Howe hat trick if you will. Iginla, Peplinski, Lanny.......

Our top line center is not of that ilk. Monahan needs to toughen up like Bennett.
Please, the Flames have also had a slew of talented players who weren't overtly physical too. The Flames never garnered that "lunch pail" reputation until 2004.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Please, the Flames have also had a slew of talented players who weren't overtly physical too. The Flames never garnered that "lunch pail" reputation until 2004.

What!? :help:
Right from the start the Flames were known as a hard working in your face team, while the Oilers were speed & skill. Plett, Pepper, Risebrough. There was Flames hockey well before 2004.....

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I said Johnny will at least equal out Monahan's goals in assists :laugh: so folks didn't understand what I was saying.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
6 goals in 12 games is do-able my guess is he ends up with 29 and we all turn around and point to that pass to give Frolik the hatty rather than getting his own ;)

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
I will be a BRAVE Monahan fan here, since i believe he can score 30 g's this season, i'll go with the BRAVE ones and say he'll get a hatty either the last couple games or one of the first few games of the season(last 3 games this year or first 3 games next year), but then i can also see him getting near 40 a's and like 25-28 g's i dont think he will break 70 points this year but he could maybe, try Johnny-Monny-Sammy as the top line for a few games to end the year?

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I will be a BRAVE Monahan fan here, since i believe he can score 30 g's this season, i'll go with the BRAVE ones and say he'll get a hatty either the last couple games or one of the first few games of the season(last 3 games this year or first 3 games next year), but then i can also see him getting near 40 a's and like 25-28 g's i dont think he will break 70 points this year but he could maybe, try Johnny-Monny-Sammy as the top line for a few games to end the year?

They tried Bennett on the RW with them and it didn't work well. I'd rather see Bennett on the 2nd line, split up the offense a bit.

LuckyProFlames

Nov 5, 2015
Maybe give Bennett the responsibilty and put him as #1C and Monahan is on the RW, but the trio has not yet played a full game together, so it wasn't really "tried" for much of an effort xD but i mean as try them together, so see if we can spark Bennett and he could handle the 2nd/3rd line with either a scorer/playmaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad