Will Malkin play this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Malkin could step in and contribute with Pittsburgh and it would be beneficial to him to start getting adjusted to the North American game/culture BUT he does have time left on his RSL contract and this may detract the PENS who don't have the most money to begin with from buying him out and bringing him over.

I would love to see him come over.. I think he may be the type of player who struggles in his first year and then just tears it up from there on in. Just a thought :dunno:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
kidhander said:
drink less guys...RSL has less scoring, not less offense...it's different

Not from what I've seen. Either the Russian talent really sucks, the goalies are the best ever, or they play sound defense. Even though the ice is bigger, the game is not wide open. It's not the trap, but they definitely have a defensive orient.

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
Legionnaire What are you watching????? I've got over 50 games from last years RHL and it's some of the best hockey i've seen. wide open fast back and forth few stopages And there is FAR more creativatiy allowed!! i got game after game of guys dangling the puck through guys legs spinaramas all kinds great stuff that you rarely seen in the nhl because if you do those kida things you get run by some goon.
Malkin should stay aleast one more year the RHL is far superior talent to the AHL.
What will he learn over here in the minors or on the 3rd line? How to trough the puck into the coner and chase after it??

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
RedAce said:
Legionnaire What are you watching????? I've got over 50 games from last years RHL and it's some of the best hockey i've seen. wide open fast back and forth few stopages And there is FAR more creativatiy allowed!! i got game after game of guys dangling the puck through guys legs spinaramas all kinds great stuff that you rarely seen in the nhl because if you do those kida things you get run by some goon.
Malkin should stay aleast one more year the RHL is far superior talent to the AHL.
What will he learn over here in the minors or on the 3rd line? How to trough the puck into the coner and chase after it??

Very true. That's almost my point though. It IS low scoring for a reason. It's not due to a lack of talent, it's more so from defensive play. The goalies in the RSL aren't making 50/60 saves a night.

Does anyone see what I'm saying?

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
RedAce said:

If he comes over, Malkin won't play in the AHL but with Pittsburg. No doubt about that!

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
kidhander said:
drink less guys
Strange advice.

I've not read anything saying he wants to go over;
I don't recall the source but I'm certain he said at the WCs that he's ready for the NHL. Ovechkin said the same. But it does seem as though he's now committed to playing one more year in Russia, barring some sort of large buyout by the Pens.

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
Jacobv2 said:
Strange advice.

I don't recall the source but I'm certain he said at the WCs that he's ready for the NHL. Ovechkin said the same. But it does seem as though he's now committed to playing one more year in Russia, barring some sort of large buyout by the Pens.

If the pens were ever going to throw money on the table to get a guy to cross the pond, it might be this year. They want to get their PR in full swing so people show up this year and actually produce a winning team so the gambling situation tilts in their favor. If for nothing else, bringing Malkin over and bringing in good players would do nothing but increase the value of the franchise should Pittsburgh not build a new arena.

I would be willing to bet Pittsburgh does get Malkin to cross the pond this year, however it does depend on the buyout from his RSL team. Last I remember reading was either $2 million or $5 million, but cannot remember. $2 million is a go. At $5 million, they may want to think it over and let the NHL and IIHF or the RSL come to terms first.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No offense... but may want to think it over? For money like that you could potentially sign someone like Demitra under the new financial landscape. Or two very serviceable NHLers. Trust me, Malkin impresses the hell out of me... but not at that pricetag - yet.

al3x

Jul 12, 2005
Bucharest,Romania
all i know is i wanna see him play 4 the pens as soon as possible...and why not this year??? :dunno: i think he could do some good things for the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad