Player Discussion Will Lockwood

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, it's definitely encouraging he's already had two issues with the same shoulder and he's only playing against kids. Wait until he plays men - won't be rubbing shoulders with scrawny kids anymore. Lockwood is in tough, even more so, to carve out an NHL career considering his entire game was based around speed and physicality. He's not a worthless prospect and wherever you are nitpicking that from is ridiculous.

Virtanen had issues with his shoulder, and now he engages physically a few times every 10 games. Is he just inexperienced? Maybe, but it doesn't take the smartest player to lay a hit consistently. Does it weigh on a player that they've already had issues, twice, with the same shoulder? I'd say it is a possibility.

Lockwood is a good pick, you don't need to rummage across all threads about Lockwood to call anyone out just because we see this as an issue moving forward - because it is an issue moving forward. As I said, Lockwood's style of player doesn't really cater to being timid, and if his shoulder makes him like that, he won't be much more than a bottom six AHL player.

So two injuries are now enough to call it a certainty that Lockwood will come back timid now or is this PG's injury prediction hotline where you throw chicken bones and read tarot cards to tell us our prospect's future?

Frankly, until he shows any signs that this injury has changed him as a player this is doom and gloom posturing without any real basis to back it up. It's like saying you wouldn't want Hall for Vanek because he plays a reckless game and gets hurt at least once a season because of it or shying away from a swap of Henrik for Crosby because of Crosby's concussion history.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So two injuries are now enough to call it a certainty that Lockwood will come back timid now or is this PG's injury prediction hotline where you throw chicken bones and read tarot cards to tell us our prospect's future?

Frankly, until he shows any signs that this injury has changed him as a player this is doom and gloom posturing without any real basis to back it up. It's like saying you wouldn't want Hall for Vanek because he plays a reckless game and gets hurt at least once a season because of it or shying away from a swap of Henrik for Crosby because of Crosby's concussion history.

When you're able to read my post properly without making weird conclusions on what I think, instead of what I actually said, reply again.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

10/10 straw man argument

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

How do you like your crow, medium-rare?

Just as I expected, Lockwood is going to have to change his style of play now because of TWO INJURIES TO THE SAME SHOULDER. He can’t play like he has been or he will never sniff a game of pro in his career. He’s already thinking of playing timid because of his injuries - talking about stripping the puck instead of hitting.

Maybe you will learn to respect opinions instead of throwing digs at people because you turned up very wrong on this one. Let’s see if you admit it.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Wow nothing since January on Lockwood???

I really think people are sleeping on this guy being one of our top prospects. He has re-defined his game since his 2 shoulder injuries.

I mentioned this before but i feel like this guy could be a ryan callahan type of player for us down the line.

4 point night tnt vs Penn State.

Reactions: lindgren

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Wow nothing since January on Lockwood???

I really think people are sleeping on this guy being one of our top prospects. He has re-defined his game since his 2 shoulder injuries.

I mentioned this before but i feel like this guy could be a ryan callahan type of player for us down the line.

4 point night tnt vs Penn State.

4 assists, to be specific (and 1 for Q. Hughes)

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This is the minimum production Lockwood should be having to be considered a legitimate prospect. He's a junior with injury history. Gaudette in his junior year was tearing it up too.

Reactions: timw33

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is the minimum production Lockwood should be having to be considered a legitimate prospect. He's a junior with injury history. Gaudette in his junior year was tearing it up too.
Except that Lockwood was a third-round pick and Gaudette a fifth. Brackett and the Canucks scouts are just killing it in the USHL and NCAA. Picking guys that late and having them morph into legitimate NHL prospects is 'money'.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops

True, though I do think Lockwood's full skull set will transition better, or at least faster, than Gaudette. His skating and motor are far superior.

Last edited:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Except that Lockwood was a third-round pick and Gaudette a fifth. Brackett and the Canucks scouts are just killing it in the USHL and NCAA. Picking guys that late and having them morph into legitimate NHL prospects is 'money'.

It's 'money' when they actually do something in the NHL.

Every single NHL team has a couple mid-round picks putting up numbers in college.

Reactions: Jack Burton

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
True, though I do think Lockwood's full skull set will transition better, or at least fasterling, than Gaudette. His skating and motor are far superior.
Yeah i remember some people here saying that like a year or so ago, maybe they were right, AG is def struggling

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
I agree, Gaudette is a bum.
Wo wo i never said that wo but maybe we were wrong in saying this would be the year he would EXPLODE on the nhl scene. He may need some time in the Utica to develop his confy and skills and THEN come back to Vancity

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
It's 'money' when they actually do something in the NHL.

Every single NHL team has a couple mid-round picks putting up numbers in college.

I think some players end up increasing their trade value with strong college performances. It's "money" in that case. Gaudette won the Hobey Baker.

M2Beezy

May 25, 2014
Irregardless hes doing pretty good this year, maybe we should focus on that guys? I mean weve all been right and wrong on guessing prospects developments before, I admitted it, so.... go Lockwood!!??

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Agreed. It is nice to see his production despite that nasty shoulder separation he had last year. I like what I've seen from him albeit what I've seen comes from highlight packages. Decent hands, incredible speed, and tenacious on the forecheck.

Is he playing with Josh Norris this year?

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
Irregardless hes doing pretty good this year, maybe we should focus on that guys? I mean weve all been right and wrong on guessing prospects developments before, I admitted it, so.... go Lockwood!!??
Regardless*.. double negative.

Judging from your post history you flip flop often. So yes, go Lockwood..for now?

Hopefully his shoulder injuries do not hamper his level of player too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->