• Yes and they will win the cup

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Imo they're an average team that works very hard. That's enough to be a playoff team.
Hard work is most of what hockey is. If the hard work is equal then talent wins out. But not everyone has the same level of hard work. And you have to have everyone on the same page with the right structure to get them to work hard, otherwise they won't even know where to start. And this is extraordinarily hard to do, that's why not that many teams can do it.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
They will make it, just based on statistics they are likely to.

I don't see them exiting the first round.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think so.

They have good to great underlying stats, plus an almost average PDO, to go along with one of the best (and most underrated) top-lines in the league.

Just remember, Maxime Lagace has played 14 games this year and he has literally been the worst goalie that has played more than 500 minutes. With league average (or better) goaltending, I don't see how they can miss.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I think so.

They have good to great underlying stats, plus an almost average PDO, to go along with one of the best (and most underrated) top-lines in the league.

Just remember, Maxime Lagace has played 14 games this year and he has literally been the worst goalie that has played more than 500 minutes. With league average (or better) goaltending, I don't see how they can miss.
Agreed, not sure why so many are so bearish on the team. I was skeptical in the first 10 games when their underlying numbers were garbage, but they've leveled out and are now top 10 in just about every category.

For people bringing up the road record, didn't the Knights have a big road trip right around the time Lagace became the starter? Lagace is awful so that's probably why.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
21-9-2 now. wtf is going on. Are they a top 5 team in the league? After collecting players that other teams deemed expendable?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I think so but I'm not sure how to feel about it.

While making the playoffs in their first year would be an incredible story. It would mean lower draft position which could stunt the long term plans. I'm sure McPhee WANTS to move "sellers" assets to build for the future but with this run and the Vegas shooting. Words can't express enough how energized people in Vegas are about this team right now. It would be a terrible move in the short term for building the fanbaseong term if he blew it up.

Reactions: hangman005

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Agreed, not sure why so many are so bearish on the team. I was skeptical in the first 10 games when their underlying numbers were garbage, but they've leveled out and are now top 10 in just about every category.

For people bringing up the road record, didn't the Knights have a big road trip right around the time Lagace became the starter? Lagace is awful so that's probably why.

Archaic narratives that rose out of the expansion draft while simultaneously ignoring how incredible Gallant's system and player management is.

The point that they are where they are after being forced to play Lagace is a strong one. That would have demolished their record if they were the kind of team certainly on the fast track to getting bounced out of contention.

They're a team that works hard to make up for having no true stars.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->