Will Frolik get a chance in Rochester?

Firewagon

Jan 26, 2006
Rimouski will miss the playoffs.
I think he can play in the AHL or NHL if he's signed.
Rochester is missing all those guys called up to Buffalo.
Maybe they could use Frolik for their playoff run.

Is he ready for AHL-calibre hockey.
I can't imagine it would hurt his development.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
Frolik has been great for rimouski this year! Remind me a lot of patrick elias. i be shocked if dont end up in the ahl after rimouski season is done! As a try out contract but next year i hope he comeback to play with rimouski THEY NEED HIM

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Rimouski will miss the playoffs.
I think he can play in the AHL or NHL if he's signed.
Rochester is missing all those guys called up to Buffalo.
Maybe they could use Frolik for their playoff run.

Is he ready for AHL-calibre hockey.
I can't imagine it would hurt his development.
If he hasn't been signed yet, I can't imagine that he will.

Ryan will be heading back down as soon as Paille gets healthy (a couple days) and MacArthur will be heading back soon after (when Kotalik is healthy)

For the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised to see even Paille back in Rochester.

Just too many high-caliber reinforcements coming...

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Frolik has been great for rimouski this year! Remind me a lot of patrick elias. i be shocked if dont end up in the ahl after rimouski season is done! As a try out contract but next year i hope he comeback to play with rimouski THEY NEED HIM
Bingo!!! Thats just the player I've always thought of when he was drafted. Mostly because he's great in all three zones.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Bingo!!! Thats just the player I've always thought of when he was drafted. Mostly because he's great in all three zones.

??

Frolik isnt "great" in all 3-zones. He is a solid player on defense but great should be reserved to guys like Brind'Amour and Madden...not Michael Frolik.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
??

Frolik isnt "great" in all 3-zones. He is a solid player on defense but great should be reserved to guys like Brind'Amour and Madden...not Michael Frolik.

To be honest, i couldn't care about his defense at this moment in time ;)

Frolik appears to be doing well, judging by the stats etc but i assume that you have seen a fair bit, how has he done this year?

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
I dont think you have to be signed...i could be wrong though.

They could sign him to a PTO i think...a tryout contract.

I believe you are correct. If he is a Buffalo draft pick, he can be signed to an ATO by their AHL affiliate.

This happens every year in the AHL when the junior season ends.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land

Frolik appears to be doing well, judging by the stats etc but i assume that you have seen a fair bit, how has he done this year?
He took some time to adapt, but in the second half of the year, he was always in the three stars, at nearly every game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Hes been a great player this season. Ive always liked Frolik, so it wasnt too surprising.

I think he could play in the AHL no problem but im not sure if Florida wants to rush things

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Hes been a great player this season. Ive always liked Frolik, so it wasnt too surprising.

I think he could play in the AHL no problem but im not sure if Florida wants to rush things

I hope we don't rush him. Perfect scenario that VanN has already suggested, is Frolik has a Radulov type season in the Q next year. I don't see the value in sending him to the AHL next year. We have a couple of good forward prospects in Collins and McArdle who will head to Rochester next year (assuming they remain our affliate), and i'd rather see Frolik get alot of ice time in the Q than fighting with older Sabre and Florida prospects.

We have plenty of young forwards on our roster anyway, and Frolik has so much potential and is someone we desperately need to boom rather than bust, so give him all the time he needs.

Lionheart

Jul 20, 2005
Ottawa
Considering the talent that will be in Rimouski next year, I would be shocked if Frolik is anywhere but there. That team is going to score goals. Lots and lots of goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->