Will Edmonton recover and make the playoffs?

Where does Edmonton end up?

• Total voters

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Putting stock into playoff odds ~16 games into the season is pure stupidity imo. Those numbers are whack

That being said, I don't think the Oilers make it. They dug themselves a hole and aren't showing any signs of improving. TMac is a **** coach and Chia loves staring at his 11M cap space

How is it stupidity? It states exactly what they'll likely need to do, which is play well above a .500 clip

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Lmao thanks for that heavily researched analysis, Leaf homer.

I get you have this vendetta to portray on the main boards, but I read the Oilers board sometimes, and what he is saying is completely right. You have no depth. Klefbom sucks this year and Talbot isn't putting Vezina like displays every night like last season. Whether you want to admit it or not, the Oilers are extremely top heavy and a flawed team. No doubt Sekera missing is bad and a huge hinderance, but he still doesn't fix the Oilers inability to gain zone entry from the back end.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
They're top 3 in CF% and HDCF%. They'll be fine.

But they are 28th in the league in terms of points.....y'know, the thing you need to make the playoffs. Their advanced stats might be fine and I think they are a better team than they've shown, but they've dug themselves into a pretty big hole that will be pretty difficult to climb out of.

Reactions: The Macho Man

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
They could sneak into a wild card spot. Still expecting a Vegas and Vancouver freefall

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
The "Pacific Sucks" narrative is overrated. What is true is that it was expected to have three of the worst teams in the NHL. Only one of those teams looks it right now. Even once Vegas and Vancouver come down to Earth, the Pacific has 5 playoff contenders and if the Oilers don't pass two of those teams, they have to worry about the Central division as well. So the Oilers aren't going to get in just because the "Pacific Sucks".

On topic though, I do expect them to make it. It might be close, but they'll find a way in. The West has a lot of teams though fighting for a limited amount of slots, so they'd best start turning it around or they might miss.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I think it comes down to Calgary/San Jose/ Anaheim / Edmonton for 3 spots, WC included, and I don't see them passing any of the others the way they're playing/the way their team is built. Connor can't do it all!!

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If, by miracle, their special teams get fixed over night, they could turn it around really quick.

I'm not going to hold my breath though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad