Will Breadman crack 100+ pts this season?

Will Breadman crack 100+ pts this season?

• Yes way

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • 50/50 hes close

Votes: 21 35.0%

• Total voters

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He's close. It's going to depend in large part on his even-strength linemates. He's a playmaker first-and-foremost and his career high goals is 32. And he doesn't seem to shoot as much anymore. Does he have 70-80 assists in him this year? With Trocheck and whoever lined at RW? He'll rack up assists on the PP but a lot will depend on his linemates putting the puck in the net at even strength. If you put him with Kreider and Zibanejad at even strength I would say yes, but that doesn't necessarily mean the team will be better off. Something about spreading the wealth.

Last edited:

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
No.

I think he's slowly losing his scoring touch. He doesn't shoot or finish like he did 2 years ago, based on what we've seen in the playoffs, in the preseason this year, and in Game 1.

Kind of a limited sample size but it's enough to draw concern.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finishes with under 20 goals to be honest. I wouldn't say I'm predicting it, but if you forced me to predict if it was more likely he finishes with over 30 or under 20, it's definitely under 20. He doesn't even look to shoot enough anymore.

It's unfortunate because I believed he would maintain his scoring dominance for longer but it looks like he may become a passing wizard only. Which is still valuable, but I don't know if he is going to be truly elite anymore if he's not on the power play. He has to get back to the goal scoring numbers or we may be having a conversation about moving him.

That being said I would be surprised if he doesn't end up with 65-70+ assists, though.

B17 Apricots

May 18, 2016
He has the ability even if he plays like a bozo but he needs to get back to shooting the puck and making the simple plays. Give the D different looks, he's become too predictable. Teams know he's looking for the seam pass every time he has the puck. They take it away and he tries it anyway. We've been saying this a couple years now. It's the difference between him being a top 10, top 5 or best winger in the league

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he takes a slight step back this year. Going to take some games to find chemistry with Trochek.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If he stays healthy and doesn't play like an asshole he should.

He nearly did it last year and would have likely done it had he played the full 82 while being the worst version of himself that we've seen at this level.
I have to give him a plug....he looked pretty good against TB....was it because he was playing against Kucherov ? Anyways...I hope he stays invested as it makes us better at 5 on 5 .

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I don’t “blame” Strome but I definitely believe those two developed some bad habits and became mutual albatrosses. Trocheck is a great pickup. Drury - or someone in the front office - has a very good eye for finding complementary talent.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
He was flying and involved again last night....I hope he can maintain that effort.....100% more into it over the start of last season .

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
he will definitely get to 100 if he stays healthy, especially if he stays with Lafreniere and Trocheck all season, those are much better linemates than he's ever had. i'd be willing to bet he gets to 120 this season.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
If he plays 82 games, and the PP is as lethal this year as it was last, yes, he gets to the century mark and thats assuming he's at 22-27 goals.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Bread looks like he did 2 years ago. I think he got hurt in the Wilson incident and never fully recovered his conditioning after that offseason. Last offseason was the first he had healthy and he was motivated by a poor playoff performance - by his own admission - to boot.

So I think he's in better shape now. He looks way faster out there in these first two games than we've seen in over a year. And he's stick handling like a maniac.

He receives a ton of bad passes nicely and dishes out good ones in response. Sure he's going to turn over the puck, but as long as he doesn't give away odd man rushes while making high risk passes, I'll be cool with it.

I think it remains to be seen whether he has a "complete game" like he did in his first Rangers season - he dominated all three zones then. But offensively, I really think he's found himself again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad