Will Bettman be commish of NHL2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
You have ranting from the media http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_y...wNlY2w-?slug=dw-nhl021405&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bob Mckenzie suggested that Bettman HAS win to save his job. Whats is exactly the Plan B anyway. A leagle solution thats hardly a easy battle, even if that succeds you going to sell the NHL with bad quality players, Huh? the NHL couldn't sell the public with the worlds best! Lets face it the NHL lost, its lost 'casual fan' years ago, it is losing 'Hard core sports fan' right now, only the small amount of die hards are left. Players can play elsewhere, the goodones anyway, and make a small amount but how long can the NHL really expect the NHLPA to cave.

I see talks stall in sept 05, rublings from the 30 teams begin to start, then by the next crucial deadline Jan 06 maybe the Board give Bettman the Ax, players cheer and accept a Cap Without linkage. Feb 2006 right after the superbowl we see the new NHL release 2.0.

Last edited:

ChiHawks468

Jan 19, 2005
Aurora, IL
rekrul said:
You have ranting from the media http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_y...wNlY2w-?slug=dw-nhl021405&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bob Mckenzie suggested that Bettman HAS win to save his job. Whats is exactly the Plan B anyway. A leagle solution thats hardly a easy battle, even if that succeds you going to sell the NHL with bad quality players, Huh? the NHL couldn't sell the public with the worlds best! Lets face it the NHL lost, its lost 'casual fan' years ago, its losing the Hard core sports fan base right now only the small amount of die hards are left. Players can play elsewhere, the goodones anyway, and make a small amount but how long can the NHL really expect the NHLPA to cave.

I see talks stall in sept 05, rublings form the 30 teams start then by the next crucial deadline Jan 06 maybe the Board give Bettman the Ax, players cheer and acept a Cap Without linkage. Feb 2006 right after the superbowl we see the new NHL release 2.0.

Wow... :eek:

Reilly311

What exactly can someone else do that Bettman can't? Jesus Christ himself couldn't convice the PA a cap is a good idea.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Actually Mckenzie said that Goodenow has to win to save his job.

McKenzie painted a very realistic scenario, where Bettman could very well be gone even IF the owners "win". His position was that there would be so much bad blood and negative feeligs around and towards Bettman, that it would be very difficlut for him to be the face and the leader of the NHL.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
What exactly can someone else do that Bettman can't? Jesus Christ himself couldn't convice the PA a cap is a good idea.

allright I'll throw in a name ( sure he is not interested ) Michel Eisner former CEO of Disney. Disney was in VERY bad shape when he came in, understood markeing and product took them to new hights, surpasing their fomer glory years. Understands the enternment industry, knows TV inside and out. And yea publicly stated he really liked hockey.

its just a name, let the mickey mouse jokes begin....

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Reilly311 said:
For me it isnt about cap or no cap, for him to keep his job.

The NHL grossly overexpander during his reign.

They are marketed VERY VERY poorly

He inherited a league that was on the verge of becoming huge in the US and ran it so poorly that it is once again bringing up the rear so Gary must go.

rekrul

Mar 7, 2003
bittersville,ca
Visit site
c-carp said:
Bettman should be gone regardless in mt opinion.

totaly agree ergardless if your totaly pro-owner, I don't see how anyone can see him working out in the long haul, the players and most fans despise him. I'm not a hater but I don't exactly see a glowing tenure.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
c-carp said:
For me it isnt about cap or no cap, for him to keep his job.

The NHL grossly overexpander during his reign.

They are marketed VERY VERY poorly

He inherited a league that was on the verge of becoming huge in the US and ran it so poorly that it is once again bringing up the rear so Gary must go.

Bettman's a weasel and a joke. Problem for me is that he's negotiating on behalf of a position I believe in.

Hopefully what will happen is a cap with some "sugar" to the PA followed by the immediate termination of both Bettman and Goodenow.

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
Greschner4 said:
Bettman's a weasel and a joke. Problem for me is that he's negotiating on behalf of a position I believe in.
Here! Here! Couldn't agree with you more. His attempts to put spins on numbers (both the tv ratings and the scoring averages) over the years always sickened me. Under his leadership the on-ice product has been destroyed. I still don't understand how people think that a 2-1 loss is better than a 4-3 loss. In the first case a team has been outscored by 100%, in the latter it is only 33%.

I even heard coaches of teams on a losing streak in the Bettman era say they needed to tighten up defensively when the teams goals-against-average during the streak was approximately 2.11. The object of the game is to outscore the other team. Hockey is business, but the type of business is entertainment. Their has been little entertainment in the last 10 years. Bettman: you are not fooling anyone when you pull out the numbers that 90% of the games are decided by a goal. Hard to lose by more than a goal when nobody is trying to score more than a goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad