will bertuzzi be named?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
I think he will be named to Team Canada as well. I think that is why they are naming their team's roster so early to see if he will be reinstated...if the NHL does not allow him to play on the team they then have time to name a replacement.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
ladybugblue said:
I think he will be named to Team Canada as well. I think that is why they are naming their team's roster so early to see if he will be reinstated....

Err...if Bertuzzi gets reinstated it will be after the playoffs are over, so it's irrelevant whether they name the team now or a week from now.

Anyway, I'm pretty certain he'll be named.

Brett38

Feb 25, 2004
Bertuzzi will be named to the team, but since this team is created by the NHL and Players Association, Betman will have to give the go ahead first. Remember, if he is named and can't play the tournament in August, September, we can get a substitute before the games begin.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Im guessing 5 of these rw's will be picked...

Heatley (yes)
Iginla (yes)
St Louis (yes)

other than Iggy, theres not alot of size in the top 3, so I think we'd look for some size down the list, which doesnt bode well for Sullivan. I also think that Doan has an edge on Murray and more versatile as well. so Id say of the next 4, Doan and Bertuzzi will fight for the 4th spot.

Bertuzzi (Bertuzzi or Doan or Sullivan or Murray)
Doan
Sullivan
Murray

Recchi (For the "experience" Recchi or Nolan will be chosen)
Nolan

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
It's truly pathetic that his name has even come up.

The guy serves a 17 game suspension for almost killing Steve Moore, and all these sulking Canuck fans who pissed and moaned like babies when he was suspended, now want him on team canada.

It'll be a tragedy is he's on the team. The arsehole should be banned from hockey till this time next year.

The same people who want him to play, are the same ones who'd piss and moan if Alexander Perezhogin were being considered for the Russian team.

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Nihilism said:
It's truly pathetic that his name has even come up.

The guy serves a 17 game suspension for almost killing Steve Moore, and all these sulking Canuck fans who pissed and moaned like babies when he was suspended, now want him on team canada.

It'll be a tragedy is he's on the team. The arsehole should be banned from hockey till this time next year.

The same people who want him to play, are the same ones who'd piss and moan if Alexander Perezhogin were being considered for the Russian team.

It's just semantics, but he served 20 games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad