Will anyone ever repeat such domination like Canada has!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
I don't know if I'm missing anything, but I don't think any team will ever repeat what is shown here with Canada holding as many titles at one time! :bow:

2005 WJC Gold medal champions

2004 Mens World Cup Champions

2004 Mens World Championship Gold medal champions
2003 Mens World Championship Gold medal champions
2004 Womens World Championship Gold medal champions(7th straight)

2002 Mens Olympic Gold medal champions
2002 Womens Olympic Gold medal champions

2004 U18 World Junior Cup Gold medal champions
2003 U18 World Championship Gold medal champions

2005 World U17 Challenge Gold medal champions(Gold, Silver and Bronze)
2004 World U17 Challenge Gold medal champions(Gold, Silver and Bronze)

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
probably.

will another country care as much as canada ? hardly

go canada go !!!!

:)

ArtVandelei

Nov 2, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
HabLover said:
I don't know if I'm missing anything, but I don't think any team will ever repeat what is shown here with Canada holding as many titles at one time! :bow:

2005 WJC Gold medal champions

2004 Mens World Cup Champions

2004 Mens World Championship Gold medal champions
2003 Mens World Championship Gold medal champions
2004 Womens World Championship Gold medal champions(7th straight)

2002 Mens Olympic Gold medal champions
2002 Womens Olympic Gold medal champions

2004 U18 World Junior Cup Gold medal champions
2003 U18 World Championship Gold medal champions

2005 World U17 Challenge Gold medal champions(Gold, Silver and Bronze)
2004 World U17 Challenge Gold medal champions(Gold, Silver and Bronze)

Didn't the C. Republic win an Olympic gold, world championship, and Juniors all in one year? No offense to Women's gold and the midget medals, but they mean about as much as the Spangler Cup - nothing. Canada's preformance in 2004 is a big step below that of the C. Republic.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
ArtVandelei said:
Didn't the C. Republic win an Olympic gold, world championship, and Juniors all in one year? No offense to Women's gold and the midget medals, but they mean about as much as the Spangler Cup - nothing. Canada's preformance in 2004 is a big step below that of the C. Republic.

ummm, no the Czech's didn't !

nice try to take away from what canada has accomplished though !!!

:shakehead

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
ArtVandelei said:

Well I don't see you mentioning a World Cup, U18's or U17's. The Czech Rep. don't have all these titles in total and you can include Slovakia in there too!

The U18's and U17's are junior hockey players, not midget there einstein! :yo:

Jazz

ArtVandelei said:
4 years ago today, the Czechs just won their 2nd of 2 straight World Junior titles, and had these on the shelf:
  • Defending Olympic Champions (1998)
  • 3-time defending World Champions (1999, 2000, 2001)
  • 2-time defending World Junior Champion (2000, 2001)

So yes, the Czechs had almost as impressive a list as Canada has now, but Canada is a step ahead in comparing their relative situations in 2001 and now.

espo*

ArtVandelei said:
You're a real treat to read i'll tell ya.Where did you come from?

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
ArtVandelei said:

That shows how good jj and hasek were in their primes. they even dominated the canadians.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
What about the Soviet Union? They sure gathered a large number of all kinds of medals.

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
hawker14 said:
ummm, no the Czech's didn't !

nice try to take away from what canada has accomplished though !!!

:shakehead
Ok, hockey is the only thing Canada is good at, can you shut up now?

Mountain Dude

Yeah, the Czechs had a similar thing going there for a while as well. Props to the Czechs. :handclap:

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Congrats to all winning teams from Canada...

But you gotta understand. Canada is the only country in the whole world where hockey is absolutely #1 sport.

Probably 90% of the kids there play/played hockey at some point, so it has higher % of best athletes participating in hockey.

For 99% other nations it's football (soccer). How is Canada doing in this sport which is not #1 there?

espo*

BruinsGirl said:
Congrats to all winning teams from Canada...

But you gotta understand. Canada is the only country in the whole world where hockey is absolutely #1 sport.

Probably 90% of the kids there play/played hockey at some point, so it has higher % of best athletes participating in hockey.

For 99% other nations it's football (soccer). How is Canada doing in this sport which is not #1 there?
This argument you are making does not diminish our accomplishment one iota.I assume you love the sport of hockey yes? Then you must admire that we are the only country where people love hockey as the number 1# sport and that is the end of the story. I get tired of this......if you had the passion we had you would have better results,don't blame us for recognizing hockey for what is and has always been.........the best sport in the world.If other countries would rather watch soccer or nfl football that isn't Canada's fault at all. We come by our victories and prominence in the most honest way possible.......namely.........veneration of the game and passion for the ice passed down from generation to generation. Nothing takes that away and i won't listen to anyone degrading it.Thank you

espo*

Oh....i could care less how we do in soccer.......it's hockey that matters to us,soccer is for other people.

mackdogs*

Berkut said:
Ok, hockey is the only thing Canada is good at, can you shut up now?
Come on, that's not fair. Everyone knows we also rock at curling. ;)

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
cyclops said:
This argument you are making does not diminish our accomplishment one iota.I assume you love the sport of hockey yes? Then you must admire that we are the only country where people love hockey as the number 1# sport and that is the end of the story. I get tired of this......if you had the passion we had you would have better results,don't blame us for recognizing hockey for what is and has always been.........the best sport in the world.If other countries would rather watch soccer or nfl football that isn't Canada's fault at all. We come by our victories and prominence in the most honest way possible.......namely.........veneration of the game and passion for the ice passed down from generation to generation. Nothing takes that away and i won't listen to anyone degrading it.Thank you

I was not trying to deminish anything..really...I was just trying to explain why it's is natural for Canada to win it all.

I love hockey the best..but your words about football (soccer) sound so negative :amazed: ! Don't mix football with MLS please. There is a reason why 99% of other countries like football as their #1 sport. Just because you don't like/understand it don't try to deminish it. ;)

What I was stating in my post was that in Canada "best" athletes in 99% try hockey and in other countries "best" talent spread between other sports. I don't see how my post was an attempt to deminish Canada's hockey achievements.
It's a fact , not even my opinion.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
BruinsGirl said:

I think soccer is our #1 participated in sport country wide. It's very cheap to play and it is very, very popular now. Obviously hockey is more well known, but soccer is our #1. The womens U19 team is very, very good and the senior womens team will be dominant in years to come. The men's team is getting better, but has a long ways to go.

espo*

BruinsGirl said:
I was not trying to deminish anything..really...I was just trying to explain why it's is natural for Canada to win it all.

I love hockey the best..but your words about football (soccer) sound so negative :amazed: ! Don't mix football with MLS please. There is a reason why 99% of other countries like football as their #1 sport. Just because you don't like/understand it don't try to deminish it. ;)

What I was stating in my post was that in Canada "best" athletes in 99% try hockey and in other countries "best" talent spread between other sports. I don't see how my post was an attempt to deminish Canada's hockey achievements.
It's a fact , not even my opinion.
Sure,and it's a fact we love hockey like our mother....you can't penalise us for that.Should we penalise American prominence in so many sports because they are blessed with a poulation of 300 million?.....that's a fact also but i highly doubt many American fans would listen to me for very long or with much veiled patience if i tried to demean there achievements with it.Canada has very much EARNED it's status in this great game.....i think you should let us enjoy it o.k.......we've earned it.

*Scott*

Canadians take hockey just as seriously as Americans take NFL football. If football did have some sort of International tournament Amercians would be all over it, and would brag everytime they beat a country where they don't know what football is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->