Wild wins Game 1, now have won 5 straight

Mar 1, 2002
In San Jose last night, the Minnesota Wild, in their first ever second round series, rallied from a 3-1 deficit with 10 minutes to go to defeat the San Jose Sharks 4-3 in overtime on Bill Houlder's first goal in overtime.

After being beat for 2 pretty power play goals in the first, Dan Cloutier was strong in net, despite a shaky goal in the 3rd to Ed Jovanoski, stopping 33 of 36 Shark shots.

"I wanted that one back," said Cloutier. "The boys picked me up big time after that one".

"I am sure he wasn't thrilled with the Jovo goal," said Martin St Louis. "But he carried us in the 1st round, and we thought we owed him." St Louis had 3 points in the game last night.

After Alex Karpotsev was banged up in game 7 against Detroit, Houlder was inserted in the lineup last night. His reward? Back to the pressbox as Karpotsev is likely to be back for game 2.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2002
Dan Cloutier remained red-hot in game 2, stopping 26 of 27 shots in a stunning 2-1 win over San Jose at the Shark Tank. The Wild will head home for 2 games up 2-0 over the Sharks.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Wild GM said:
Dan Cloutier remained red-hot in game 2, stopping 26 of 27 shots in a stunning 2-1 win over San Jose at the Shark Tank. The Wild will head home for 2 games up 2-0 over the Sharks.

1-4 at home in the Playoffs. We look like fish out of water in the Shark Tank. I am not impressed to say the least. :rant:

Mar 1, 2002
No chickens are being counted here. In fact, we took chicken out of our menu. They can only have steak, black coffee and scotch.

I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch

Last edited:

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Ohio Jones said:
Game 3 was simmed, but apparently replaced the previous game 2 results. Drew?

yea something like that who knows? im not complaining, although, Im not too sure what my opponent will think.

Mar 1, 2002
Yea....we need a ruling. I DID win game 2 as of last night....what the hell? If game 3 was simmed with the same teams having home ice. They should be re-simmed.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Well, by rights I should be up 3-0, but it was in my barn - St. Louis might play better at home (and I'm sure Nick wouldn't mind the gate from a real game 3, either). So since the outcome thus far is the same, I'm cool with it.

'Cause, y'know, that's how I roll. Dog.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->