Confirmed with Link: Wild sign Nic Petan (2 years, 2-way)

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Ladies and gentlemen, we got him
1657741021715.png

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
He was actually REALLY good in the WHL. I got to watch him during his draft year and I thought he was something special. He was so slick and knew to peel away from players.

...with that said, I guess it is a bit of a testament that size and speed do matter a bit. He's was small, he was weaker, and he wasn't blazing fast.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
That's quite the salary Petan got on the minors side. 1 million guaranteed over two years for playing in the AHL.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Always cheered for this player early in his career but not the most exciting move we'll see from the Wild this offseason I hope

cam7aylor

Jan 26, 2016
always wanted him to bust out on the jets, he always has good AHL numbers but they never seem to translate to the NHL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Always cheered for this player early in his career but not the most exciting move we'll see from the Wild this offseason I hope

What are you hoping for in terms of excitement? I don't really see much else happening for us.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
He was actually REALLY good in the WHL. I got to watch him during his draft year and I thought he was something special. He was so slick and knew to peel away from players.

...with that said, I guess it is a bit of a testament that size and speed do matter a bit. He's was small, he was weaker, and he wasn't blazing fast.
But wasn’t that like 8 years ago? That’s why I take WJC with a grain of salt.. Larsson, Petan, Khovanov, Hayton…Schroeder…

Reactions: BagHead

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
But wasn’t that like 8 years ago? That’s why I take WJC with a grain of salt.. Larsson, Petan, Khovanov, Hayton…Schroeder…
God I'm old...

I watched him in the WHL, not the WJC so it was more appropriate in judging him outside of a tournament setting. Still, unless you develop your two-way game, you'll find yourself stuck forever in top line AHLer/13th forward NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad