Prospect Info: Wild Prospect Thread 2023-2024

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Heidt in an elimination situation tonight, first period in the books with his team up 2-1, all scoring on different lines from Heidt. His offensive play has been excellent, particularly his passing and decision making. getting crushed in the faceoffs and physical battles though.

I have a hard time seeing this player as a legitimate NHLer by next season, there are just some significant details missing IMO, but I do think the future is bright... on the wing. At this point in time, he seems like a direct replacement for Zuccarello in a couple years.

Strength, and skating speed will need to improve like every young player, but the challenge is going to be getting the pro level reads and habits, his current league is not going to help there from my viewings. The 9 game stint, if he gets it as rumored, seems like a good way to get him some of that direct experience, hopefully he can put it to good use if it does happen.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
3-1 Prince George after 2 periods, Hunter Laing (who looks every inch of his listed 6'6") pulled off a between the legs roof job out front.

Heidt had an eventful period, took a frustration holding penalty in the Ozone, but also sniped the crossbar on a 2 on 1 and had two glorious feeds for grade A chances that teammates failed to convert. He seemed to get distracted by physical play at times in that period, missed some free pucks in the O zone because of it. He also did a flyby in his own zone on the PP that gave Danielson a free shorthanded slot shot (I like Danielson a lot, he is going to be doing that to NHLers very soon too.)

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
3-1 Prince George after 2 periods, Hunter Laing (who looks every inch of his listed 6'6") pulled off a between the legs roof job out front.

Heidt had an eventful period, took a frustration holding penalty in the Ozone, but also sniped the crossbar on a 2 on 1 and had two glorious feeds for grade A chances that teammates failed to convert. He seemed to get distracted by physical play at times in that period, missed some free pucks in the O zone because of it. He also did a flyby in his own zone on the PP that gave Danielson a free shorthanded slot shot (I like Danielson a lot, he is going to be doing that to NHLers very soon too.)
How does Parascak look?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
How does Parascak look?
He did not play in this game, was injured in game 4.

Ended up a blowout at 6-1, Heidt no points, but played pretty well and easily could have been sitting at 4 points if things broke the other way for him. Things got chippy at the end, Heidt was in the middle of it for pretty much the whole game.

PG gets game 6, and if they win, game 7 at home. They looked like the superior team in this one.

Reactions: Sweetnut

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He did not play in this game, was injured in game 4.

Ended up a blowout at 6-1, Heidt no points, but played pretty well and easily could have been sitting at 4 points if things broke the other way for him. Things got chippy at the end, Heidt was in the middle of it for pretty much the whole game.

PG gets game 6, and if they win, game 7 at home. They looked like the superior team in this one.
Ah, thanks. Is Heidt strong enough to be a force in those scrums, or? In other words, is he a Hartman, or a MarJo?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Ah, thanks. Is Heidt strong enough to be a force in those scrums, or? In other words, is he a Hartman, or a MarJo?
Not a force, but he was holding his own against bigger guys, lots of jabber going on and he seemed a willing participant in the face washes. He wasn’t actively looking for it like Hartman does at times, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of it coming in the next game.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad