Speculation: Wild may trade a defenseman

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reilly's a 24-year old left-shot defenseman, though he's spent time on the right side this year (because Quincey wouldn't do it). He's a good skater and passer that can be great on the powerplay. He seems ready to step into the NHL full-time, but he's still not a finished product by any means and his play is still pretty erratic. There's potential there, though.

I assume the Wild are just looking for futures. I can't imagine the cost would be super high.

Pretty accurate assessment. Above average puck and skating skills, and is already playing on the Wild PP. A point producer. Not physical, and gets himself in trouble by making the creative rather than the expedient play in his own end. Also has a tendency to get caught up ice when jumping into the rush.

In some respects a LH Dumba, with less physicality and not as hard of a shot. High risk, high reward type. He can(and does) play in the NHL right now, but he is the only Dman left that the Wild can send down w/o him passing through waivers, so he has gone up and down quite a bit in the past year.

I can't see Deangelo being of any interest.

I would prefer not to give him away for a lesser draft pick. Worse comes to worse the Wild will send him down to the AHL till they get a read on how Olofsson and Murphy look after extended minutes in the NHL. Murphy has looked surprisingly decent playing with Brodin, but it's a very small sample size. A year from now Reilly could easily be the best of the three.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
If they traded Dumba it'd be for a forward, and I can't see that happening before the offseason.

Even if you got back a D as part of a larger deal?

How about Nelson, Hickey, a 2nd and Gudlevkis (AHL goalie) for Dumba and Svedberg?

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't think we want to trade Winnik. Not that he's a world-beater, but he's been one of the more consistent bottom-6 guys we have this year. I'm also not sure how much interest we'd have in DeAngelo.

I think they're probably looking for a pick straight across for Reilly. My guess is that they want the open contact slot as much as anything. It's not urgent, but they are going to want to sign Greenway later in the season.

I was just wondering to fill the need for the rangers

WhoTagz

Jan 28, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is DeAngelo not liked in NYR or is his value just low?

Its not that hes not liked, pretty much any ranger fan will say that he should be with the big club but stupid coaching is choosing a guy like holden over him, rather than him rot in the nhl because hes good he should be going to a team that needs him

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Its not that hes not liked, pretty much any ranger fan will say that he should be with the big club but stupid coaching is choosing a guy like holden over him, rather than him rot in the nhl because hes good he should be going to a team that needs him
No chance Fletch wants anything to do with Deangelo.
Kid has not been a person without any "character" where ever he's played from jrs to AHL to NHL.
He was a scratch in Syracuse and now Hartford too

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even if you got back a D as part of a larger deal?

How about Nelson, Hickey, a 2nd and Gudlevkis (AHL goalie) for Dumba and Svedberg?

Even if MN wanted to trade Dumba, they wouldn't trade him for pieces. In any event, they can't take on extra contracts, or cap.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Pretty accurate assessment. Above average puck and skating skills, and is already playing on the Wild PP. A point producer. Not physical, and gets himself in trouble by making the creative rather than the expedient play in his own end. Also has a tendency to get caught up ice when jumping into the rush.

In some respects a LH Dumba, with less physicality and not as hard of a shot. High risk, high reward type. He can(and does) play in the NHL right now, but he is the only Dman left that the Wild can send down w/o him passing through waivers, so he has gone up and down quite a bit in the past year.

I can't see Deangelo being of any interest.

I would prefer not to give him away for a lesser draft pick. Worse comes to worse the Wild will send him down to the AHL till they get a read on how Olofsson and Murphy look after extended minutes in the NHL. Murphy has looked surprisingly decent playing with Brodin, but it's a very small sample size. A year from now Reilly could easily be the best of the three.

I thought I saw/heard somewhere that he's only got 2-3 more games left before he'll have to go through waivers, which would explain wanting to move him.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Cap isn't even close. MN would have to send something/someone else. Stewart and Reilly combined are well under 2M, off the top of my head. Galchenyuk makes about 5M for 2 more years after this, and is underperforming his contract. This deal could prevent us from signing someone we value, like Zucker.

No more bottom sixers paid 5M, please!

Besides, we all like Stewie and who are we gonna use in SO's once he goes?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad