Wild get Oilers 1st round pick = trade up for 2006 1st overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
he has led the league in goals since jan 18th ( gaborik that is) atleast thats what i heard the other day....maybe its changed now.

At any rate, gaborik has silly talent, once the likes of bouchard/osullivan/voloshenko/koivu/pouliot and others develop and they bring in FA's around him.

He will completely dominate games, he's unreal, that speed is world class.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Chrisd said:
he has led the league in goals since jan 18th ( gaborik that is) atleast thats what i heard the other day....maybe its changed now.

At any rate, gaborik has silly talent, once the likes of bouchard/osullivan/voloshenko/koivu/pouliot and others develop and they bring in FA's around him.

He will completely dominate games, he's unreal, that speed is world class.

The speed, and the wicked wrister that he can snap off in full stride, as he did 3 times in the Olympics into the upper corner, and a 4th time off the crossbar.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
RallyKiller said:
How's that far fetched? Gaborik is a dynamite player, and if he wasn't tied to that system we'd be talking close to a 100 points this year if he were healthy.

Even with that system, he'd be close to 100 points if he'd been healthy all year. He's on a pace to score about 90 over an 82-game season. He's really come into his own this past month, finally blossoming into the player we've all seen glimpses of over the last few years. With all due respect to my buddy Legionnaire, I'm still not sure I'd rather have him than Malkin, but he's definitely in the same league as Malkin.

Steve Latin*

Legionnaire said:
Exactly. I wonder if he missed Slovkia's games

Gaborik is a good player, but he makes decent money right now and he'll be a UFA way sooner than Malkin.

I'd rather have Malkin at the bargain salary of his rookie contract and own his rights until 27 rather than adding Gaborik now when he'll most likely bolt after a few more years.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Jon Prescription said:
What top prospect Swede doesn't?

Lundqvist!!!

Seriously, I love Backstrom. Plays a very mature game and has top line offensive talent.

This thread is getting way off topic so let me make an attempt to right the ship....

The Wild will need to add more than the two picks if they want Kessel (who could be picked with the #2 overall - if not, Johnson is an awesome Plan B).

I wonder what Poulliot and one of those picks could garner....

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
id be willing to do voloshenko and a 1st to move up...

gaborik/rolston/bouchard/koivu/pouliot/o'sullivan/kessel would be a nice way to build a offense.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Well Minnesota needs to move up now since well the draft is top heavy and mainly 2nd or even 3rd rounders can be found near the bottom if I remember correctly.

Without their 2nd in 07, I think we'll miss that really badly.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Well Minnesota needs to move up now since well the draft is top heavy and mainly 2nd or even 3rd rounders can be found near the bottom if I remember correctly.

Without their 2nd in 07, I think we'll miss that really badly.

I'm hoping that the Wild will be good enough next season that this 2nd rounder falls out of the top 50. If it does, no great loss there.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh seems almost assured of the number one or two pick now. Nineteen games left, St. Louis is six points ahead and has three games in hand. Theoretically possible to catch them but unlikely as hell especially now that Recchi is gone. So why the hell would the Pens take a pick out of the top ten, after which there is a huge drop-off, and another late first? Redline called the picks after the top 4, but especially after the top 10, equivilent to late seconds most years, equating this draft to 2002 and 1996. So basically the offer is two mid to late seconds most years for one of the only quality players available? Thanks, but pass.

Sherlock

Aug 2, 2005
Minne-snow-ta
DeuceUNO said:
61 games
41 goals
33 assists
74 points
+8

goddamn.

maybe riley emmerson falling on him was a good thing?

Maybe we should have Emmerson fall on everyone (or at least all our prospects). O'Sullivan has been playing insane hockey.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anyone saying his game wouldn't translate or his personal problems would get in the way, HAH!

Right now I wouldn't take Schremp over O'Sullivan. The guy is 2nd in the AHL for goals scored and he's not even on the top line! He is, though, getting some great PP time.

TeamSeals

Feb 27, 2005
Minnetonka
Le Golie said:
Lundqvist!!!

Seriously, I love Backstrom. Plays a very mature game and has top line offensive talent.

I wonder what Poulliot and one of those picks could garner....

Two part question here :D

First, what how good is Backstrom's overall game? is he a good defensive player, not just capable but actually good?

Secondly, Pouliot was the fourth overall pick in a stronger draft class with another year of experience and would be able to help sooner so I think he alone would be worth a high first round pick, it only makes sense. I dont want to trade any of our top wingers(PO, Volo, Pouliot) they are coming along nicely in the scoring department in their levels so I wouldnt want to chance losing them for just a little better potential in Kessel(who I think will look a hell of a lot like Gabby in the pros, breakaways galore).

KariyaIsGod*

RallyKiller said:
How's that far fetched? Gaborik is a dynamite player, and if he wasn't tied to that system we'd be talking close to a 100 points this year if he were healthy.

You have to understand... Malkin is basically the greatest of alltime on these boards...

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think Pittsburgh could trade the pick if they wind up first, or at least should look into the possibility.

The two picks the Wild will have will not amount to enough to trade straight up for the first, no matter who is picking though.

bcimright

Jul 25, 2004
Sherlock said:
Maybe we should have Emmerson fall on everyone (or at least all our prospects). O'Sullivan has been playing insane hockey.

he's always been this good, he's always been a great player, this isn't anything new really. the kid IS that GOOD...

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
KariyaIsGod said:
You have to understand... Ovechkin is basically the greatest of alltime on these boards...
Fixed. (Can also insert Crosby, Phaneuf, or Kovalchuk after he pointed down Crosby.)

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
MrKnowNothing said:
I think Pittsburgh could trade the pick if they wind up first, or at least should look into the possibility.

The two picks the Wild will have will not amount to enough to trade straight up for the first, no matter who is picking though.
pgh. will want to stay in the top six imo......but i can see them tradeing down from one or two.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Two mid first round picks this year aren't worth one of the lottery picks by any stretch of the imagination.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
wild most likely will pick around 10

personally i got no problem keeping that pick...

gettign a brassard, okposo, sheppard, little..

is not the worst thing that could happen...

at 18...

go grab a michael forney, sanguinetti maybe, wishart, tlusty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad