• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I don't understand what their plan is for OT. That looked like they didn't want to try anything which just screwed them anyway.

I'd love to see what they practice and if it's anything resembling that monstrosity.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
They had the puck like 90 percent of the OT and I think they made it past their own blue line twice. Why even bother?

Reactions: DuckRogers10

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I don't understand what their plan is for OT. That looked like they didn't want to try anything which just screwed them anyway.

I'd love to see what they practice and if it's anything resembling that monstrosity.
THats the thing, They dont practice it.. Even randy said long time ago.. He doesnt put to much time into it.. They just go out there and play.. Thats the problem.. Valuable points are slipping past the ducks.. They need to address it and fast

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
3v3 continues to be the worst gimmick the NHL has come up with. All the talk of it's going to encourage teams to attack, stop teams playing for a SO etc....laughable. That OT was basically 3 minutes of Anaheim/Minnesota skating in their own zone outside of the goal teams are petrified of losing the puck as it's bloody impossible to get it back. Also Rakell was pretty damn awful in that OT, bad pass to give the puck away, goes away from his man to pressure the guy Fowler had covered, then lost Dumba on the goal.

Anyway, can't help but feel that's another point dropped by Anaheim. Minnesota were awful, but again Anaheim just can't convert on chances. Anaheim needs their forwards back as the 4th line continues to regress by the game.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Everytime Cogs, Shaw, Ritchie, Vermette, Boll, etc. shoot I don't even have a glimpse of hope it might go in the net.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Just finished watching and that must've been the most boring 3o3 I've ever witnessed in my life. It's comical how bad the Ducks are in OT hockey. Incredible that the coaches and the players can't get it fixed. It's pretty much an automatic dropped point.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
THats the thing, They dont practice it.. Even randy said long time ago.. He doesnt put to much time into it.. They just go out there and play.. Thats the problem.. Valuable points are slipping past the ducks.. They need to address it and fast
to be honest i feel like we are stealing a lot of valueble points... no reason we should be in a posistion we are given our injuries... all these games weve forced into ot will likely be the reason we do get into playoffs.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
It is incredible to me that neither of the announcers grasped the fact that Ritchie had not taken a shift in the 3rd, until about 2 minutes left in the game. This is the second time in about two weeks that this has happened. It's so easy to notice that a line is not in tact under Carlyle, but these guys can't seem to pick things like that up. Never mind that at least 3 to 4 times a game, they call the wrong player.

Last edited:

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
If this team missed the playoffs by 5 points or less, Carlyle should absolutely be fired for not having practiced the 3 on 3 situations. It's sad to watch a team have no clue what is happening or how to generate any offense at all.

I would also demote Rakell when Getzlaf gets back to try to light a fire under him. He's been terrible. I would put Henrique up with Getzlaf and Perry. Then leave Cogs Kesler Sif. Rakell, Vermette Kase. Ritchie-Wagner-Shaw/Grant. I'm sure he's get himself going pretty quick.

Last edited:

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
You know we're going to miss the playoffs by like... 2 points. Maybe 1 if we're lucky. Dropping these points is going to hurt.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
It is incredible to me that neither of the announcers grasped the fact that Ritchie had not taken a shift in the 3rd, until about 2 minutes left in the game. This is the second time in about two weeks that this has happened. It's so easy to notice that a line is not in tact under Carlyle, but these guys can't seem to pick things like that up. Never mind that at least 3 to 4 times a game, they call the wrong player.

Ahlers is terrible. Ive heard him get Getzlaf and Parros mixed up before. I can’t watch the ducks feed anymore because he’s that bad.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Our announcers are bottom 5 for sure. We got the most biased color and a play by play that doesn't even know who has the puck. He often gets forwards mixed up with defensemen I mean cmon even if you don't know who it is you should be able to tell what position they are in if you know anything about the game.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The hate for our broadcasters is so unwarranted. Yeah, they mess up sometimes, but they are quick to correct themselves. Their bias is pretty much equal to other broadcasters, but Hayward can go over the top when the situation is really shitty. But I won’t get mad at that.

Reactions: AngelDuck

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
I’m fine with Hayward. He’s a homer but no more than a lot of guys. And he’s broadcasting for local Duck fans not a national audience.

Ahlers is another story though. He’s the only PBP man who doesn’t actually call the game. It’s about 50/50 he’s paying attention at any given time.

Reactions: Paul4587

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ah, it must be time for the annual broadcasters debate. I've never known a sport to obsess over announcers as much as hockey does :laugh:

Hayward and Ahlers aren't the best, but they aren't the worst either. Team has a lot more issues to worry about then what announcers they have.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Our announcers are bottom 5 for sure. We got the most biased color and a play by play that doesn't even know who has the puck. He often gets forwards mixed up with defensemen I mean cmon even if you don't know who it is you should be able to tell what position they are in if you know anything about the game.

Ahlers is awful but people overreact to Hazy. He's a homer but aside from a few, all teams have ridiculously biased commentating. Hazy is nowhere near the biggest home either.

Reactions: Doothpick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->