Post-Game Talk: Wild Defend "Their Ice" In Game 3 - Jets Lose 6-2

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Jumped off a bridge after the game.....river still frozen. Bad day all around

The hilarity of this post isn't getting the love it deserves. Well done!

I'm in Honduras for a scuba vacation with my buddy and just read it to him (he's by no means a hockey fan) and he gave a generous guffaw. Damn funny stuff.

Of course it could be the duty free Crown Royal doing the talking....

m.

Reactions: jefferoni

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It was bad reffing, but magnified in the playoffs where there has always been more room for physical play and the like. The roughing penalty on Lowry was just as bad as the roughing call on Dumba, but overall limiting the physical aspect of the game penalized the Jets' style of play more than the Wild's.

Fair enough.

Just watched highlights of the Leafs win. One sequence that didn't last m0re than 2 secs, Rielly would have had at least 3 penalties if he had been Chiarot last night. :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
foligno does hit trouba's head but it won't be suspendable. i don't think he was aiming for the head so i don't really see malice.
the knee thing? it's pretty dirty. doubt he gets a call, but it's just gross intent to injure. dude swings and lands a punch to the back of a knee.
and if he is suspended and he gets a game...so what? Myers is likely out, which means you're replacing his with Poolman. yay?

It doesn't take malice. It takes the head as the primary point of contact. Just as players are responsible for their sticks, they are responsible to not hit opponents heads.

Edit: For all the good he does Minny as a player, I would just as soon they keep dressing him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I've been trying to say this. It wasn't just an hour plane trip on game day it was a whole wasted day in planes and the airport the day before.

As someone who has traveled a lot and spent a lot of time in airports wondering if I would get on a plane or get to my destination I can say that I have found fewer things as mentally exhausting and stressful as it.

They played like a team that wasn't sharp mentally and I can't say that I'm surprised.

Didn't want to use the travel excuse - but you are right. It probably played a part.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00