Proposal: Wild blow up the entire team?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was talking about position wise, because we are loaded at wing but not at center
Wild need young skilled forwards. Players who have very good puck and passing skills and can score.

We have too many grind out the offense types, they can only stick handle and pass at a average at best level.

Which is why when I saw the Nylander for RHD thread, I still think Spurgeon and Coyle for Nylander and a second is a good basis for discussion.

It would be a better route in that we get to keep our #1 center instead of going back to a hole it took years to solve problem.

I think Staal would be tradable more if a blow up was decided. I think we haven't quite reached that point, the Spurgeon deal would fit the retool option better .

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the Wild was missing arguably one of the best Ds in the league in Suter that plays close to 30mins a night

that in itself should do incredible damage to any team, therefore the season was a fair assessment of this team's strengths and weaknesses (not the playoffs)

''blow up'' request - denied

next case

Reactions: Goose312

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
the Wild was missing arguably one of the best Ds in the league in Suter that plays close to 30mins a night

that in itself should do incredible damage to any team, therefore the season was a fair assessment of this team's strengths and weaknesses (not the playoffs)

next case
agreed, blow up is not needed. Retool, yes.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
Wild need young skilled forwards. Players who have very good puck and passing skills and can score.

We have too many grind out the offense types, they can only stick handle and pass at a average at best level.

Which is why when I saw the Nylander for RHD thread, I still think Spurgeon and Coyle for Nylander and a second is a good basis for discussion.

It would be a better route in that we get to keep our #1 center instead of going back to a hole it took years to solve problem.

I think Staal would be tradable more if a blow up was decided. I think we haven't quite reached that point, the Spurgeon deal would fit the retool option better .

Honestly, Hoffman from Senators is the only realistic name I have seen. It really is very unlikely that Nylander will leave Toronto or anyone else.

Scorers are rare. You may have to draft them.

You could also try to add a 1st rounder this year to draft Kravtsov. Or go all in and try to get Zedina with trading for the 3rd overall.

Perhaps Puljujärvi is available, due to defenders being an attractive commodity.

Puljujärvi + Edmonton’s 1st for Dumba, Coyle + Wild’s 1st. Complete fantasy obviously.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
Honestly, Hoffman from Senators is the only realistic name I have seen. It really is very unlikely that Nylander will leave Toronto or anyone else.

You could also try to add a 1st rounder this year to draft Kravtsov. Or go all in and try to get Zedina with trading for the 3rd overall.

Perhaps Puljujärvi is available, due to defenders being an attractive commodity.

Puljujärvi + Edmonton’s 1st for Dumba, Coyle + Wild’s 1st. Complete fantasy obviously.

That’s downright awful for the Wild.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Dumba is a non starter. Dumba and Granlund are the only true untouchables.

Phoicon

Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
That’s downright awful for the Wild.

That could be, I was trying to favour the Oilers because their fans are much more annoying here.

My point is you probably need to draft the scorer you want by focusing on Bokk, Zedina, Kravtsov etc.. as more mature scorers are mostly unavailable.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That could be, I was trying to favour the Oilers because their fans are much more annoying here.

My point is you probably need to draft the scorer you want by focusing on Bokk, Zedina, Kravtsov etc.. as more mature scorers are mostly unavailable.
We are willing to offer up a more mature scorer for a different type of scorer .

Zucker and his 33g and 64pts is no slouch.

Phoicon

Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
We are willing to offer up a more mature scorer for a different type of scorer .

Zucker and his 33g and 64pts is no slouch.

True. But he sounds more like a final piece for a potential contender and those tend to go for a package centered around late first rounders and very good but not elite prospects.

Very difficult to trade an older player for a younger but similar player in the current era.

- salary cap issues
- questions regarding how longer the older player will be productive
- almost all fanbases will blast their GM for trading their young gun for an older version
- thus, unless like in Ottawa’s case a team has other concerns like finances, a potential trade has to seem to favour the team trading the younger scorer

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
True. But he sounds more like a final piece for a potential contender and those tend to go for a package centered around late first rounders and very good but not elite prospects.

Very difficult to trade an older player for a younger but similar player in the current era.

- salary cap issues
- questions regarding how longer the older player will be productive
- almost all fanbases will blast their GM for trading their young gun for an older version
- thus, unless like in Ottawa’s case a team has other concerns like finances, a potential trade has to seem to favour the team trading the younger scorer
Zucker is just reaching his prime. He's not an "older player". He's a just completing his development player. Only 26yrso. You're talking like he's 32.

Phoicon

Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
Zucker is just reaching his prime. He's not an "older player". He's a just completing his development player. Only 26yrso.

Yet you want someone younger than him? The contradictions are in your aspirations.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yet you want someone younger than him? The contradictions are in your aspirations.
what I want is someone with a slightly different skillet than him, willing to go younger and take on development if needed. Will not go for a player past the prime age.

I doubt anything happens in a one for one trade, think package that includes him in it.

Zucker and Coyle would be an obvious combo package. As I also mentioned Spurgeon and Coyle etc.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Don't see the need for a blow up. Which players above 30 would bring back valueable assets? Staal and Sutter. They've been mediocre for awhile, but they can improve if they identify what they need to change and make it happen.

They are offensively challenged. They will hopefully have some cap room to bring in another scorer this off season.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
How about Granlund?

I think Niederreiter, Brodin and Granlund to Edmonton would make sense. Think RNH could land you all three plus a 2019 1st.

Although I don't think Minnesota should blow it all up JUST... yet.

If we did do a blow up I hope Granny is on the no trade list. He is one of the few young vets that brings effort in the playoffs.

I hate saying this, as I am a fan, but this off-season Zucker may be primed to get moved. He's a pending RFA(arb elig) coming off a 33 goal season. Even with his playoff performance of a mime in a biker bar, he still should have excellent trade value around the league.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure , let's get rid of all our fast players. Who needs speed in today's NHL?

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I really like the Wild's roster. Great mix of veterans and youth. I think the problems for Minnesota have been coaching and goaltending. Yeo was way too rigid and mechanical. Boudreau is fine for the regular season but always flames out early in the playoffs. Dubnyk is a middle of the pack goalie. Too many soft goals in big games for my liking.

Plenty of attractive pieces that I'd love on Ottawa. Dumba, Brodin, Spurgeon, Suter. Parise, Granlund, Nino, Zucker, Coyle.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Blaming Boudreau is stupid. The Wild strike me as a good defensive team....but only Granlund and Staal ever scared me with the puck. There is a noticeable lack of scoring skill. Probably need to trade some picks to get a talented young scoring winger. That is if you want to avoid a rebuild.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Blaming Boudreau is stupid. The Wild strike me as a good defensive team....but only Granlund and Staal ever scared me with the puck. There is a noticeable lack of scoring skill.

It's not really a lack of scoring that's the problem, it's the lack of players who can handle the puck, pass effectively, and still score. We have Granlund, and to a lesser extent, Staal, who can do that. Everyone else (Parise, Nino, Coyle, Zucker) are all grinding type guys. They've got skill but they can't make things happen on their own.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011

next case
I don't think they should blow it up either, but again, this wasn't the first time the Wild ever made the playoffs. Why do people not get that?

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
They wont but if they want to compete for the cup and not the playoffs they should blow it up.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Be careful what u wish for. At least you guys are a solid playoff contender every year no garuntee u ever come out of a rebuild successfully. you guys are 1 more good player away from making noise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->