Michael Russo: Wild are trading Kähkönen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Not surprising but the net next year becomes a little tricky unless Fleury wants to stay on for cheap for one year.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
Yeah Id rather of traded Talbot over Kappo but maybe when I see the return it will change things

Reactions: Lapa

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Kind of figured Kahkonen was gone, this team did not like him at all and with the RFA pending - Guerin probably didn't want to spend the cap signing him back.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Figured a goalie move was coming after the Fleury trade, just thought it'd be Talbot. This makes me think they're probably planning to re-sign Fleury for one year (at least).

I hope they get a decent return. I'm not sure what good backups are going for these days.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I have a feeling the return is a player or a prospect instead of pick(s)

P10p

May 15, 2012
Wouldn't think he commands a big return. Wouldn't be surprised if its around a 3rd round pick.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
1st and Hertl

I am getting kind of concerned with Guerin and his ability to sign RFA; Greenway and Hartman, but then McBain, Kahkonen and Sturm.

Not much reason to be concerned about a B-level college prospect who was committed to testing free agency, a backup goalie and a fourth-line grinder who was a college free agent signing.

KK was a good draft find but ultimately it's not that hard to find an NHL backup in free agency.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Not much reason to be concerned about a B-level college prospect who was committed to testing free agency, a backup goalie and a fourth-line grinder who was a college free agent signing.

KK was a good draft find but ultimately it's not that hard to find an NHL backup in free agency.
Fiala? I get the excuses, but you still need to sign guys.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Fiala? I get the excuses, but you still need to sign guys.
I assume Fiala wants more money than he's worth. So if Guerin signs him to a big deal, he will make the team worse and he risks signing an untradeable contract. I know a lot of posters are enamored of Fiala's skill and stats but he really is a frustrating player to watch as he beats two guys (awesome), gains zone entry (great), and promptly curls to the wall and loses the puck. He's a luxury item and some other team will learn to love and hate him.

Reactions: Ban Hammered
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad