Injury Report: Wideman Out Weeks - Hamstring

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think we should offer up a small 1 year deal,to see if he could get back to being a solid 3rd pairing RHD...As we dont have much in the way of RH depth

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I was going to bring my kid over to skate with Wideman but he figured that there would be too many people and it might be a circus. The media was tagged in one of the Tweets so we thought there would be a huge crowd. From the pics, it looks like it was a pile of fun. I should have forced him to go.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I really hope we sign Wideman. He seems like such a good dude.

I know a guy through work who is a member at the same golf course as him in St Louis, and he had nothing but great things to say about Wideman. Also said he loves Ottawa and the organization, and that the cold doesn't really bother him personally. For whatever that's worth lol.

He's great 3rd pairing D imo, and will easily find another job if we don't take him.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Wideman should definitely be back imo, and he should come cheap so there’s really no reason to just let him walk.

Along with Karlsson, Chabot, Ceci and potentially Lajoie down the line, that would be some impressive puckmoving and transition from the back end.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Total B.S, as I'm sure you guys already know.. see my post above. It's obviously not proof of anything either, but I've heard directly opposite info from someone I trust.

Oh for sure, there were a ton of red flags in that Reddit post. Like claiming he had to be careful not to say anything negative about the Sens while in the employee bathroom because a player in the next stall might hear him...as cheap as Melnyk is, I can guarantee the players have their own facilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad