Injury Report: Wideman Out Weeks - Hamstring

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This could be one of those blessing in disguise. It reduces Widemans trade value so we probably win trade him and I’m happy about that because we might use his depth.

And it opens time for Harpur and Chabot to expand this game

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Kinda OT: but these injuries makes me confused compared to football. "Weeks" in the NHL with the same type of injury isn't the the same as months as it is in football. Thinking about Manchester Uniteds' Paul Pogba who had a similar injury and has been out for two months now.

But yeah, football players can be lazy and despicable idiots.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kinda OT: but these injuries makes me confused compared to football. "Weeks" in the NHL with the same type of injury isn't the the same as months as it is in football. Thinking about Manchester Uniteds' Paul Pogba who had a similar injury and has been out for two months now.

There is an outside possibility that there are different severities to these injuries

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Well, weeks could equal months. I don't expect him to be back any time soon. The injury looked painful. Get well Chris.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Mantha is a one dimensional player with character issues and a lack of compete. He has his streaks every now and then but he's not a star player in the league.

I can understand not liking a player, there are a number of players that others like a lot but I don't. Having said that though, Mantha is more than a one dimensional player, he had a huge junior career & this yr is at a pt per game (19 pts in 19 games) after getting 36 pts last yr in 60 games as a rookie. He is also tough to play against, hard on the puck & a decent fighter & seems to play a good defensive game. He reminds me a bit of Stone where his only issue seems to be his skating & he is a better skater than Stone. Stone is the better passer while Mantha is the better sniper. Anyway, Mantha was the player I wanted Ottawa to draft when they had the chance.

He was trying to hurt him.

It's what he does. Nobody ever calls him out because of the team he plays for and his star player status.

I don't think Malkin is that kind of player at all & I could care less that he plays for the Pens or his star status. He doesn't back down which I like but I've never seen him try to hurt anyone, it was just an unfortunate collision which went bad for Wideman. Maybe now GB will go back to 12 forwards & 6 defencemen.

Reactions: Cosmix

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Times like this, I kinda wish we had a reckless goon on the roster. Penguins have taken liberties with Ottawa for several years now....would be nice to get some payback.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
You guys are paranoid.
paranoia.jpg

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Really too bad about wideman. He was just getting comfy playing a potentially important role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->