Why you shouldn't be afraid of going after Grubauer

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Bring 4 goalies into camp, keep the best 2 on the squad, send the others to the AHL. Or the ECHL, for that matter, if someone is "blocking the way". If that's Darling, he can suck it up. If he fails to report, great! Suspend him without pay, just like the Lightning did to Drouin.

You can't send a player on a one way contract to the ECHL without their consent. The NHLPA was smart enough to get that included in the CBA.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Dumb question: who pays for AHL salary? I assume the Canes would pay for any one-way deals that got buried (e.g. like we’re discussing with Darling).

Does Charlotte pay for two-way deals when the player is in Charlotte? What about AHL one-way deals (Schilkey, etc.)?

I know the teams are likely financially intermingled in some way - but at the same time the Checkers do have an owner so I’m sure they have a separate operating budget. Not sure how that all works.

I mean, I assume the big club pays all 1-way deals, right?

The Stranger

May 4, 2014
You can't send a player on a one way contract to the ECHL without their consent. The NHLPA was smart enough to get that included in the CBA.

Fine, then carry 3 goalies in Charlotte if needed. There's no reason that Darling should actually be blocking anyone's path.

If they end up signing two new goalies to play in Raleigh and they have Darling, Ned and Booth in Charlotte, they could also choose to loan out Darling to another AHL team.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
1. Gru is an awesome nickname

Co-signed.

200px-Groo_cover_issue1.jpg

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
10 reasons to trade for Gru:

1. Gru is an awesome nickname
2. 4th time has to work
3. It makes the Caps weaker with a rookie back up
4. It shows we will try
5. Making lists is fun
6. He’s been the playoffs recently
7. Seems like a good idea right now
8. Live in the now
9. Gru rhymes with woo
10. There

Sadly I think Samsonov will come in and become a better backup than Gru this season making the Caps stronger in goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->