Why was Mario in Toronto, look inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Rhian

The Only Good Indian
Jan 9, 2003
Lakes Region, NH
Well, now it is the 29th. What do they have left, two days, before Europe locks their rosters for the season, to make a deal that both sides can agree upon, and get some key players back?

He should have gotten involved long before this. All of them should have. This is ridiculous timing on their parts.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
vanlady said:
Mario went to meet with Tie Domi, to try and influence Domi. By the way Mario still seems to think that there is a 50/50 chance of a season.

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/penguinslive/s_298130.html

Didn't TSN report that a couple of days ago?

Lady Rhian said:
Well, now it is the 29th. What do they have left, two days, before Europe locks their rosters for the season, to make a deal that both sides can agree upon, and get some key players back?

Well, Europe can't stop them from leaving. Wouldn't be very nice to do it that way, but the rosters aren't "locked" from the NHL's perspective.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Lady Rhian said:

He should have gotten involved long before this. All of them should have. This is ridiculous timing on their parts.

Noone knows exactly how long Mario has been talking to key members of the PA. Just because he decided to clear up why he was in Toronto to squash any rumors, doesn't mean he hasn't been speaking with members for a while.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
RangerBoy said:
What does it say for the NHLPA when Tie Domi is influential in the union

Tie Domi? :shakehead They have to be kidding

Tie Domi? :(

Tie Domi? :help:

The village idiot from Albania

It's in Goodenow's interest to have dullards in influential union positions; it's easier to brainwash guys without brains. He's succeeded masterfully.

Benji Frank

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
RangerBoy said:
What does it say for the NHLPA when Tie Domi is influential in the union

Tie Domi? :shakehead They have to be kidding

Tie Domi? :(

The village idiot from Albania

Village idiot or not, he's been one of the best enforcers in the game over the last 10 or 15 years. To boot, he's actually got some skills to play too!

In addition, he was one of the most popular guys here in Winnipeg in and out of the locker room. I'm sure it's the same in Toronto. As a result, he probably ends up doing alot of charity work that involves other NHL'ers.

Combine the two, and he probably has a whole lot more respect throughout the league then most NHLers........

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Benji Frank said:
Village idiot or not, he's been one of the best enforcers in the game over the last 10 or 15 years. To boot, he's actually got some skills to play too!

In addition, he was one of the most popular guys here in Winnipeg in and out of the locker room. I'm sure it's the same in Toronto. As a result, he probably ends up doing alot of charity work that involves other NHL'ers.

Combine the two, and he probably has a whole lot more respect throughout the league then most NHLers........

true dat.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Benji Frank said:

What does popularity or charity work have to do with this issue?

Tie Domi is influential in the union :lol

My dad was in a union and most of the union leadership could not screw in a lightbulb without directions but they were influential.If they saw any non-union labor on the premises,they became very influential ;)

Domi must be head of the NHLPA Gestapo.He can be very influential when it comes to cracking open a skull or breaking someone's legs

mooseOAK*

None of the members of the NHLPA with the exception of maybe a few are well educated, no reason to pick on Tie.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
If the NHLPA is run by idiots as you claim, then what does that say about billionaire NHL owners who the NHLPA keeps owning in talks time and time again?

mooseOAK*

PeterSidorkiewicz said:
If the NHLPA is run by idiots as you claim, then what does that say about billionaire NHL owners who the NHLPA keeps owning in talks time and time again?
I didn't say that they are idiots, I said that they are uneducated.

Anyway, taking the position of "I am going to stand here and not move until you move" works sometimes but doesn't require intellectual brilliance.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Lemieux said that no one asked him to speak to Domi. But he acknowledged that, because he is one of the most respected players in the game, his opinion potentially could help sway other players.

:amazed:

Whoah.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
leafs_fan1001 said:
But that doesnt make any sence because Domis in the Worldstars tour in Europe.

Thats what i was thinking aswell. I think the writer for that paper isfull of b.s.

AJ93

May 8, 2002
The WorldStars tour finished like 3 weeks ago or something, TSN is just now showing the games.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
PeterSidorkiewicz said:

If by owning in talks, means players making immature remarks about Bettman, their salaries, and owners not telling the truth, then I guess I'm with you. Other than that I've never been witness to the NHL getting owned by the NHLPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->