Why was Marc-Andre Fleury selected 1st overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
BlindWillyMcHurt said:
Yeah, he's just a favorite whipping boy of mine. To be honest, he was probably being mis-used in Pittsburgh. He was being given top-pairing minutes and he just isn't the type of player that can handle that role. He isn't a terrible bottom-pairing/extra defenseman. Plus, as you pointed out, he isn't too shabby at playing as a 4th line winger.

[Office Space]Mmmm.... Yeah.... What's happening? I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you here... [/Office Space]

Seriously, though. Just because he can play two positions doesn't make him valuable. It just means he sucks at both positions. I never liked him as a winger or at defense (esp. at defense).

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I'm not implying by any strech of the imagination that he is a good hockey player. I just feel that he took as much flak as he did primarily because he was forced into a position in which he was not suited (see Bradley, Matt from last year's Penguins team). He seemed to do alright in a limited role in Boston, if I'm not mistaken.

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
BlindWillyMcHurt said:
I'm not implying by any strech of the imagination that he is a good hockey player. I just feel that he took as much flak as he did primarily because he was forced into a position in which he was not suited (see Bradley, Matt from last year's Penguins team). He seemed to do alright in a limited role in Boston, if I'm not mistaken.

Fair enough (and I hear you on Bradley). It's just that every time I watched the Pens (every time I could catch them on center ice) Moran stood out as one of (if not the) worst player on the ice.

And you are correct, in the few Boston games I caught last year, he looked a lot better. How that happened, however, is anyone's guess.

edit: AND I feel I should point that I also agree I felt MUCH more comfortable with him manning our 4th line wing than our 3rd pairing D. :)

bruins4777*

Moran wasn't too horrible for us...well he didn't absolutely do anything, but i didn't yell much with him on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad