Why was Doug Gilmour drafted so late?

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I actually never noticed before, but he was drafted in the 7th round 132nd overall in 1982.

In his last season of junior he had 70 goals and 107 assists in 68 games (18 points in 8 playoff games too).

Sure, he was a bit small, but not THAT small. If his junior play was anything like his NHL play, work ethic and toughness shouldn't have been a factor.

Just curious if anyone knows why a guy who was so dominant in junior fell so far?

espo*

I think it was the small factor.I remember seeing him in junior and the guy looked like he was 100 pounds with his gear on.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I think it was the small factor.I remember seeing him in junior and the guy looked like he was 100 pounds with his gear on.

Is that with or without mullet? The length and vibrance of the Douggy Mullet probably made his body look smaller by comparison.

espo*

Is that with or without mullet? The length and vibrance of the Douggy Mullet probably made his body look smaller by comparison.

LOL.If my memory serves me correctly i think it was pre-mullet days.Could be wrong though.

But he was tiny,he honestly looked like he was 13 years old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad