Why retooling is the best option for the Habs

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Worst road record in the league. Only team with sub-40 points top scorer.
Only thing missing was a thank you to our sponsor ToLegitToQuit.

Not as bad as it seems doe.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
How did that site editor approve this post?..And why is the poster not defending his work?

It feels like a troll article. ''The emergence of Scherbak, even if he only has 3 pts in 9 gp'' ? I stopped there as it felt I was reading a troll post more and more.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
This was on par with McCagg. Brutal, dumb, apologist piece of hyperbole filled garbage that should never have been published. McCagg writes these long rants that remind me of first drafts I wrote during 10th grade when essay writing wasn't my strong suit whereas this like a a polished, finished 10th grade essay that wasn't sourced correctly.

Seems like Grant wants a job with the habs honestly.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
"He’s (Mete) a extremely fast skater, and a exceptional puck mover and will be a important part of the Canadiens defence core for a long time. The Habs also have Noah Juulsen and Brett Lernout on the verge of breaking into the league, as well as prospects Cale Fleury and Josh Brook in the pipe line. Add all of these pieces to a group lead by future hall of fame rear guard Shea Weber, the Canadiens defence is set for years to come."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
:cry:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think presently it is as bad as it seems. There are a couple bright spots on the horizon though and nowhere to go but up.

All teams have a couple of bright spots. Honestly the reality is our prospect pool *****. It's one of the worst in the league.

A top 3 pick could change that but right now it's not positive.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
"He’s (Mete) a extremely fast skater, and a exceptional puck mover and will be a important part of the Canadiens defence core for a long time. The Habs also have Noah Juulsen and Brett Lernout on the verge of breaking into the league, as well as prospects Cale Fleury and Josh Brook in the pipe line. Add all of these pieces to a group lead by future hall of fame rear guard Shea Weber, the Canadiens defence is set for years to come."

Didn't know Hall of Famers never won Cups or major trophies. Also didn't know being the worst or 2nd worst dman on a putrid AHL team made put you on the verge of breaking in (Lernout). Also Juulsen needs another year of AHL action under a coach who has an IQ of over 90 points.

Cale Fleury and Josh Brook are at best C- prospects who might be 6-7 d-men in 5 years from know. Mete might be a nice 5-6 but that's about it, he won't be an important part of the d-core going forward, Juulsen is a much better prospect. Absolute moronic analysis.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
There is hope:

- Get a ransom for Pacioretty
- Win the lottery, draft Dahlin
- Sign Tavares.

Unfortunately, I think we'll strike out.

Reactions: ArtPeur

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

There's more Puff in that piece than a year's worth of Dave Stubb's meanderings.

Reactions: Runner77

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Didn't know Hall of Famers never won Cups or major trophies. Also didn't know being the worst or 2nd worst dman on a putrid AHL team made put you on the verge of breaking in (Lernout). Also Juulsen needs another year of AHL action under a coach who has an IQ of over 90 points.

Cale Fleury and Josh Brook are at best C- prospects who might be 6-7 d-men in 5 years from know. Mete might be a nice 5-6 but that's about it, he won't be an important part of the d-core going forward, Juulsen is a much better prospect. Absolute moronic analysis.

You're just doing exactly what you're complaining about but in reverse - it's easy to sound like you know what you're talkig about when you're being critical and cynical. Doesn't make your analysis any less moronic

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Yes we have to panic.

1- Weber is already slowing down and he is locked up longterm. How is he going to be after his foot surgery?

2- Price.. is it just a rough patch or the beginning of a downfall. He is locked for 8 more years at a ridiculous cap hit.

3- Alzner. 4 more years.

4- Where is the defense? I don't see any top defenseman ready to take the charge in the next foreseeable future. Mete is good but he does not have the shot. Juulsen is fine but more of a bottom pairing guy.. The rest are all question marks.

5- The center position. I could just stop there regarding this as it has been debated to death. I will simply mention that you better hope Poehling turn out as a stud because after him it's basicaly inexistent.

6- Leadership/Character. This team is supposed to be at the pinacle of leadership and character as per the lord himself. The character is the most useless/archaic view since Burke troculence team building.

7- Country club feeling all over the place. Promotion here and there. Nobody is ever accountable and the management is basically full of yes man with no vision.

Weber was in decline before we traded for him... anybody that saw Nashville in his last season with Weber saw that

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
The only way this is a "last word on sports"

Is if it's one of those situations when you're talking sports with someone and they demonstrate such a severe lack of understanding of the game, that you walk away because you can't quite find the words to reply to their nonsense.

I get that feeling everytime i talk to TLTQ

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I love how he worked as a part time scout for 3 months and has parlayed that into a "journalism" career

Punctuated by frequent angry tirades and virtual mangling of those holding an opposing POV. Rebukes.com is more like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad