Why retooling is the best option for the Habs

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Momentarily...sure

What exactly is your point?
With no real results since 93 fans should be constantly questioning any regime that isn't getting the job done. It is truly pathetic to be stuffed with folklore on the one hand and yet have to witness the mediocrity that exists now for nigh on a quarter century on the other.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What exactly is your point?
With no real results since 93 fans should be constantly questioning any regime that isn't getting the job done. It is truly pathetic to be stuffed with folklore on the one hand and yet have to witness the mediocrity that exists now for nigh on a quarter century on the other.
My point is easy to grasp...he indicated that Habs fans will breathe easy once Bergevin is gone.

I responded "momentarily...sure".

That's my point

Reactions: Rapala

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
My point is easy to grasp...he indicated that Habs fans will breathe easy once Bergevin is gone.

I responded "momentarily...sure".

That's my point

If the organization is going to lock me in a windowless room for the rest of my life, the least they can do is let me out to get some fresh air once in awhile.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Would you guys rather have MB fired, or win the lottery and MB is still in charge? I would chose MB fired.

I'd rather win the lottery. And with my financial wherewithal, exert direct pressure on the Habs to fire MB via a variety of means, including paying for picketers, buying ads across many media platforms, give away t-shirts and signs for fans to bring into games, rent a van with a mobile billboard and park it outside the BC, stand in front of the main entrance of the BC and throw money at fans so they won't attend games and buy all the ad space on adjoing billboards to the BC.

I'd also fly out a few hundred people to the hotel where board of governors meetings take place and get into Molson's face. I'd apay someone to design a new mascot based on Bergevin, shouldn't be too difficult, he's already an idiot. So much you can do when you have money and time to burn.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You don't tell me how I should be! You're not my boss!

:sarcasm:

The guy who wrote the piece asked me to tell you "Hey SquiddFX!, Relax! It's not "You're not my boss!", it's "You're not the boss of me!"

:sarcasm:

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
"Fear not, Habs fans ..."
View attachment 99763

Fast-forwarding it to more recent times ... funny how the concept can remain the same throughout time:

2540tj.gif

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Become one of the best drafting teams again and I believe everything would start to fall into place.

And that means consistently finding good young talent over several years.

Since that hasn`t happened in a long time and the same people making the décisions the last several years are in place. hard to have confidence that will change soon

Changes are inevitable though, even when teams are successful.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Articles like that are incredibly frustrating. Relatively well written, spelling and grammar, but absolutely empty in content aside from some viewpoints it does nothing to actually support.

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
  • No first pairing PMD.
  • Bad asset mix.
  • Players forced to play in unnatural positions.
  • No one getting fired but who is long overdue (Lefebvre, JJD, etc.)
  • Philosophy for building a team: my friends can do no wrong.
  • Complacent and spineless owner who is distracted by non-hockey operations.
  • Poor pro player procurement evaluators -- Eric Crawford and Martin Lapointe have proven nothing. Still here though.
  • Traded away any semblance of entertainment when shipped out Subban and not re-signed Radulov.
  • Character and grit over speed, skill and hockey IQ.
  • Intangibles in the room can't be found and yet the GM made that a priority.
  • No primary, nor secondary scoring over several years. Nothing done.
  • A cap team ends up with outrageous amount of cap room in-season.
Add to that:
  • Idiot fans keep paying for Molson products, are sheep on season tix waiting list.
  • Owner belittles fans: "I have a plan but can't tell you".

Ownership group is not feeling the kind of heat they should be, fans are making it too easy by continuing to remain captive.
other than that, things are pretty good. no?

Reactions: Runner77

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
That article pretty much sums up to "well the deadline is approaching, let's hope something happens".

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Excellent post, no fancy graphs or underlined parts just the reality of the toughest hockey league in the world. Sure, Dahlin might be a generational prospect on D but he was just benched at the Olympics and that does not diminish his talent or potential but it shows us that it takes time to develop as a player. People ignore this and bank on the fact that John Tavares signs here if we win a lottery nonetheless. I laugh at it all.

Well said. How long did it take for Hedman to be a top NHL D? Dahlin is certainly better than Hedman at the same age but I doubt he will play a good defensive game until he's 20 and that is still much faster than any other great Swedish D.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I'd rather win the lottery. And with my financial wherewithal, exert direct pressure on the Habs to fire MB via a variety of means, including paying for picketers, buying ads across many media platforms, give away t-shirts and signs for fans to bring into games, rent a van with a mobile billboard and park it outside the BC, stand in front of the main entrance of the BC and throw money at fans so they won't attend games and buy all the ad space on adjoing billboards to the BC.

I'd also fly out a few hundred people to the hotel where board of governors meetings take place and get into Molson's face. I'd apay someone to design a new mascot based on Bergevin, shouldn't be too difficult, he's already an idiot. So much you can do when you have money and time to burn.

Maybe a large drone flying around with a banner saying Sack MB (in English and in French). Like they did in the UK and the premiere league?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Well said. How long did it take for Hedman to be a top NHL D? Dahlin is certainly better than Hedman at the same age but I doubt he will play a good defensive game until he's 20 and that is still much faster than any other great Swedish D.
Inconsistency is the growing pain of young defenders and Dahlin will be no different. Pencilling him in as a number one right away will not come without growing pains, facing the top lines on a nightly basis is no piece of cake, he has unbelievable skills and no one will debate that but so do most of the top players in the NHL. I just hope that we win the chance to draft him with a new GM of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad