-Appalling drafting and developpment
-Worst philosophy for building a team
-Excuses instead of solutions
-Let go/trade people that we shouldn't
-Fail to maximize our assets every single time

It's pretty f***ing bad.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
The only thing I took from that article was “one mans trash is another mans treasure.” I wouldn’t be surprised if Bergevin had that tattooed on his chest. The rest of the article just comes across as overhyping certain aspects to make things seem more positive.

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The only way this is a "last word on sports"

Is if it's one of those situations when you're talking sports with someone and they demonstrate such a severe lack of understanding of the game, that you walk away because you can't quite find the words to reply to their nonsense.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think presently it is as bad as it seems. There are a couple bright spots on the horizon though and nowhere to go but up.

Operative cliches:

I don't think we've hit the bottom of the barrel yet.

It's gotta get worse before it gets better.

Simple reason -- we're only a few months removed from a ton of Habs' disaster decisions. And the same individuals who have prompted those decisions are still in place. No performance reviews, no restructuring, no new talent added to management.

And yes, I'm fully aware that management talent isn't available in-season and how Bergevin's next boss is working for another club right now. Hence, we're not yet at the point of "nowhere to go but up" since for that to happen, we'd have to have different people making critical decisions and right now, we don't have them.

I don't think Molson's done admiring his triceps-rotops alpha male, so he's not likely to get fired. But, Geoff may want to domesticate him by having him report to a sharper hockey mind.

Reactions: groovejuice

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
We are three huge trades (which we need to win) and 3 excellent draft years away from being contenders.

Huge trade #1 is Patches, so I"ll wait and see.

Reactions: philipsson

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Yes we have to panic.

1- Weber is already slowing down and he is locked up longterm. How is he going to be after his foot surgery?

2- Price.. is it just a rough patch or the beginning of a downfall. He is locked for 8 more years at a ridiculous cap hit.

3- Alzner. 4 more years.

4- Where is the defense? I don't see any top defenseman ready to take the charge in the next foreseeable future. Mete is good but he does not have the shot. Juulsen is fine but more of a bottom pairing guy.. The rest are all question marks.

5- The center position. I could just stop there regarding this as it has been debated to death. I will simply mention that you better hope Poehling turn out as a stud because after him it's basicaly inexistent.

6- Leadership/Character. This team is supposed to be at the pinacle of leadership and character as per the lord himself. The character is the most useless/archaic view since Burke troculence team building.

7- Country club feeling all over the place. Promotion here and there. Nobody is ever accountable and the management is basically full of yes man with no vision.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
-No centers
-No elite players up front
-Best players are past their prime
-Brutal contracts everywhere
-No prospects that will help us
-Appalling drafting and developpment
-Worst philosophy for building a team
-Excuses instead of solutions
-Let go/trade people that we shouldn't
-Fail to maximize our assets every single time

It's pretty ****ing bad.

• No first pairing PMD.
  • Bad asset mix.
  • Players forced to play in unnatural positions.
  • No one getting fired but who is long overdue (Lefebvre, JJD, etc.)
  • Philosophy for building a team: my friends can do no wrong.
  • Complacent and spineless owner who is distracted by non-hockey operations.
  • Poor pro player procurement evaluators -- Eric Crawford and Martin Lapointe have proven nothing. Still here though.
  • Traded away any semblance of entertainment when shipped out Subban and not re-signed Radulov.
  • Character and grit over speed, skill and hockey IQ.
  • Intangibles in the room can't be found and yet the GM made that a priority.
  • No primary, nor secondary scoring over several years. Nothing done.
  • A cap team ends up with outrageous amount of cap room in-season.

Add to that:
  • Idiot fans keep paying for Molson products, are sheep on season tix waiting list.
  • Owner belittles fans: "I have a plan but can't tell you".

Ownership group is not feeling the kind of heat they should be, fans are making it too easy by continuing to remain captive.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No first pairing PMD.
Bad asset mix.
Players forced to play in unnatural positions.
No one getting fired but who is long overdue (Lefebvre, JJD, etc.)
Philosophy for building a team: my friends can do no wrong.
Complacent and spineless owner who is distracted by non-hockey operations.
Poor pro player procurement evaluators -- Eric Crawford and Martin Lapointe have proven nothing. Still here though.
Traded away any semblance of entertainment when shipped out Subban and not re-signed Radulov.
Character and grit over speed, skill and hockey IQ.
Intangibles in the room can't be found and yet the GM made that a priority.
No primary, nor secondary scoring over several years. Nothing done.
A cap team ends up with outrageous amount of cap room in-season.

Add to that:
Idiot fans keep paying for Molson products, are sheep on season tix waiting list.
Owner belittles fans: "I have a plan but can't tell you".
Philosophy also includes trying to be a middle of the pack team and hope for the best instead of trying to be one of those top teams.

Reactions: Yoor

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I think presently it is as bad as it seems. There are a couple bright spots on the horizon though and nowhere to go but up.
Delete
Tone-Your-Butt-Fast
Tone-Your-Butt-Fast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->