Why no fuss about Redenbach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
PhoPhan said:
He was drafted in the 3rd round last year by Phoenix, and is currently in 1st place in scoring in the WHL. Why isn't anyone talking about him?

Same reason no one talks about Erik Christensen (Christensen was drafted by the Penguins in the 3rd round last year...and led the WHL in scoring last year).

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
PhoPhan said:
*cough* product of linemate *cough cough*

Ahem. Excuse me.
Actually Redenbach is a product of being a linemate to Jeremy Williams and Davin Heintz. Still Redenbach is a decent prospect----but Williams carries that line.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Same reason no one talks about Erik Christensen (Christensen was drafted by the Penguins in the 3rd round last year...and led the WHL in scoring last year).

Because of attitude issues and a lack of motivation to become a complete player?

Dan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
GOTEAM said:
Actually Redenbach is a product of being a linemate to Jeremy Williams and Davin Heintz. Still Redenbach is a decent prospect----but Williams carries that line.
People see the game in different ways, some Swift Current fans have a different opinon than yours. Below are some posts from the Dub board:
"Redenbach is a joy to watch on the ice. Always places the pass on the tape, seldom misses, carries the puck like no one else on the ice, is extremely strong, goes into the corners and comes out with the puck and seldom retaliates against players who are constantly poking at him. Williams although a great player in his own right is the one that feeds off Redenbach."
Another poster said, "Redenbach and Williams work for their points, if you can't see the difference you need an eye exam."

frosty

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Dan said:
People see the game in different ways, some Swift Current fans have a different opinon than yours. Below are some posts from the Dub board:
"Redenbach is a joy to watch on the ice. Always places the pass on the tape, seldom misses, carries the puck like no one else on the ice, is extremely strong, goes into the corners and comes out with the puck and seldom retaliates against players who are constantly poking at him. Williams although a great player in his own right is the one that feeds off Redenbach."
Another poster said, "Redenbach and Williams work for their points, if you can't see the difference you need an eye exam."
I believe Redenbach is a product from Williams because last year Williams had 90 points and was a top scorer without Redenbach but now that he is paired up with him Redenbach is a top point scorer.

leafaholix*

Saw them both at the Canada/Russia games and Jeremy Williams was the better of the two.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
The way I it is that they both feed off of each other. Redenbach is the playmaker and Williams is the goalscorer. Kinda like Forsberg and Hejduk(not comparing Tyler and Jeremy to Peter and Milan) where Forsberg sets them up, and Hejduk knock them down, or in.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Kimahri said:
The way I it is that they both feed off of each other. Redenbach is the playmaker and Williams is the goalscorer. Kinda like Forsberg and Hejduk(not comparing Tyler and Jeremy to Peter and Milan) where Forsberg sets them up, and Hejduk knock them down, or in.

Good assessment.. I get to see them here in the WHL..

....but I guess because Williams scores the goals he gets the most attention, and the GLORY.. and probably why people think Williams is better...

If Redenbach did not have Williams to pot his 40 goals this year ..Redenbach wouldn't be the top scorer in the WHL ... So if that means riding his coat tails than that is true ....

Also Last year Williams was one of the top Scorers in the WHL while Redenbach was a Prince George Cougar for part of the year..

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Corey Locke was a 4th rounder who's leading OHL scoring on a depleted 67's lineup this year (fuss amongst yourselves).

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
bopeep said:
Corey Locke was a 4th rounder who's leading OHL scoring on a depleted 67's lineup this year (fuss amongst yourselves).

Locke gets no love because he is so small he can't go on most of the rides at Disneyland yet by himself.. :joker:

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
The Messenger said:
Locke gets no love because he is so small he can't go on most of the rides at Disneyland yet by himself.. :joker:

You say small - I say sparkplug. Besides, I tend to side with most of Europe (if you're as tall as the bar: bottoms up).

leafaholix*

bopeep said:
You say small - I say sparkplug. Besides, I tend to side with most of Europe (if you're as tall as the bar: bottoms up).
Locke's small and can't skate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad