Why mosquitoes bite (poor beer drinkers)

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Hmm, I wonder if I was blood type O. I grew up in a large family and the mosquitoes and other blood suckers always seemed to swarm to me. I hate the little ******** so much that when they're around I've developed a twitch reflex that I can feel them land on me most of the time and kill them before they bite.

And I say was because in my mid 20's I cam down with Crohn's disease, and after going through a hospital stretch and started taking immune suppressants to control it they've lost their preference for me. I mean I can still get bit but they'll go after other people first now.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
Have there been any statistically significant studies on the consumption of garlic repelling mosquitoes, or eating of bananas?

I worked two summers in the bush in northern alberta - one summer, I ate bananas. One summer, I didn't, as supposedly banana diets attract mozzies.

There was no difference.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
My step father is Mexican. When I was a kid we'd go camping. His two sons with my mother, my mother and I would be fine and he'd look like a well played dart board by the end of the day. I'd guess genetics or old sweat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->