Why isn't norway good at hockey?

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Oh that's nice. So I guess the good handball players make some 5-10 million+ every year, right? Because otherwise your post would be quite stupid.

You mean a sports popularity should be measured by the salaries paid? If my post is quite stupid yours would be very stupid.

By that logic I guess American football is a more popular sport in Norway than handball as well? Looking forward to your answer.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
You mean a sports popularity should be measured by the salaries paid? If my post is quite stupid yours would be very stupid.

By that logic I guess American football is a more popular sport in Norway than handball as well? Looking forward to your answer.

I wasn't talking about popularity. You wanted to make it sound as if handball has any relevance. It doesn't, it's just a hobby.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wasn't talking about popularity. You wanted to make it sound as if handball has any relevance. It doesn't, it's just a hobby.

Mikkel Hansen makes close to 1 million Euros playing handball for PSG (Qatar are known to pay huge amounts). It's difficult to get good salary figures for handball overall but in the German league the good players all make six figures comfortably. It's not like that's a lot less than in the European hockey leagues.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

So relevance is dependent on the salaries players make then?

And I’m the one posting stupid posts.

Andon

Oct 23, 2016
So relevance is dependent on the salaries players make then?

And I’m the one posting stupid posts.

I'm sure you think you're clever and winning the argument, but come on, this isn't a sport, it's just a game or a hobby.
"How could I possibly score in this situation"... that's how the game looks all the time.
IMG_5462.jpg

The player salaries are relevant in the sense that if there is money involved (and I mean something other than laundered Qatari money) then people are invested in it as more than just a nice hobby. It's fine in the Olympics though, kind of like curling or water polo.

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I guess you got me. I’m an old man. Not used to online trolling. Can’t see the tells before it is too late.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Long frozen channels favored skating in the Netherlands traditionally, the Elfstedentocht used to be huge back in the day (and people would still go crazy if it ever happens again).
It's huge when it happens. It hardly ever did and hasn't in decades.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
It's interesting, especially when you consider their 2 neighbors, Sweden and Finland, are among the best hockey nations.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Finns, danes and norwegians have in common they all hate Sweden.
You span the globe and it seems that way with other similar cultures. Middle East, Oriental, Spanish countries. I bet African countries hate on one another.. Lol.. oh ..this world of ours ..I guess it's the competitive nature..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad