Why isn't Benoit Pouliot playing tonight?

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
I noticed this as well, wonder if hes hurt. Thats the likely scenario since he doesnt have any PIM hardly in the playoffs. Though whats his injury? Better not be something wussy haha.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
He took a big hit in the last game where the other player was given a 5 minute major for kneeing. But he also took the brunt of the hit on the upper body. Could be just about anything.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
As someone stated, Pouliot got clobbered on a big hit in the previous game. The player delivering the hit was Peterborough's Bryan Young, who has been a very hard hitting defenceman since they allowed hitting in peewee. I used to coach minor hockey against Young and he was always famous for lowering the boom on people. It's correct he did get a five-minute major for that hit, but he played tonight so there was no suspension. Wolves' coach Mike Foligno, in calling for a suspension, indicated after the first game that Pouliot had suffered a "significant" injury. Whether it's a knee or the head, I don't know. In any case, Pouliot didn't play, Young did.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
BobMckenzie said:
As someone stated, Pouliot got clobbered on a big hit in the previous game. The player delivering the hit was Peterborough's Bryan Young, who has been a very hard hitting defenceman since they allowed hitting in peewee. I used to coach minor hockey against Young and he was always famous for lowering the boom on people. It's correct he did get a five-minute major for that hit, but he played tonight so there was no suspension. Wolves' coach Mike Foligno, in calling for a suspension, indicated after the first game that Pouliot had suffered a "significant" injury. Whether it's a knee or the head, I don't know. In any case, Pouliot didn't play, Young did.
Sounds like Justice was served... :shakehead

LuLuBelle

Jul 8, 2005
its about time he got what is coming to him. he has been a rat all season long. spearing people and slashing and makes dirty hits all the time. i don't like it when anybody gets really hurt but when you ask for it all year like he has it is no surprise that somebody finally let him have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->