Why does Kessel have the same rating as Malkin??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Agreed.

But different people do different ratings for the different teams, so this is bound to happen. Not only that, but who really cares? It's just a made up rating.

KariyaIsGod*

Kessel has more offensive ability than Crosby if he reaches it.

:biglaugh:

That's a joke if I've ever heard one.

I would perhaps be willing to concede that Kessel has the potential to be a better goal scorer than Crosby but even then I'm not sure...

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
If you think Kessel might be the better goal scorer. Keep in mind he was the leading assist man on his team and in the WJC.

Kessel is faster, better slapper and wrister. Can pass as good as anyone i have seen.

Is Crosby the better player, Yes.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
If you think Kessel might be the better goal scorer. Keep in mind he was the leading assist man on his team and in the WJC.

Kessel is faster, better slapper and wrister. Can pass as good as anyone i have seen.

Is Crosby the better player, Yes.

Wow he led his team in assists.... how amazing..???
Crosby scored 102 points in the NHL as an 18 year old rookie, who hasn't yet reached his ceiling.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I think Kessel is getting the short end of the stick.

There is no way he should have dropped as low as he did. Heck, he almost had as many asisst Toews had points.

Toews
2005-06 U. of North Dakota NCAA 41 21 17 38 22

Kessel
2005-06 U. of Minnesota NCAA 39 18 33 51 28

I'm not comparing Kessel to anyone or making any claims of his potential.......But I think people were expect a Paul Kariya-like Freshman year from him and when he didn't have exactly that, people have been unfairly writting him off.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
You are not biased at all!

Never said that. So i think everyone else is biased. People always favor the guy in the NHL. After his sophmore season Dany Heatley was falling on re-drafts. Being called lazy, lacking any desire. And all he did was put up 103 points last year. Remember when Justin Williams was considered by many to be better than Heatley becasue he was doing it in the NHL earlier than Heatley was. All iam saying is just because Kessel is in college and Crosby is in the NHL. Thats has no bearing on what happens five years from now.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'd say Crosby definately will be a better player but I think it's safe to say that if Kessel actually hits his potential he will probably be a better goal scorer.

Everything else, though, goes to Crosby.

Randall Graves*

Never said that. So i think everyone else is biased. People always favor the guy in the NHL. After his sophmore season Dany Heatley was falling on re-drafts. Being called lazy, lacking any desire. And all he did was put up 103 points last year. Remember when Justin Williams was considered by many to be better than Heatley becasue he was doing it in the NHL earlier than Heatley was. All iam saying is just because Kessel is in college and Crosby is in the NHL. Thats has no bearing on what happens five years from now.
Call me when Kessel puts up over 100 points as a rookie.

the williams/heatley comparison has little merit here, neither scored 100 as rookies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Theoretically, Kessel COULD have a 100+ point season in Boston, silencing all his doubters. Could he be better than Crosby? Perhaps. Better than Malkin? Perhaps.

Just have to wait and see. Don't just close the door on all possibilities before he even gets a chance at it.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Call me when Kessel puts up over 100 points as a rookie.

the williams/heatley comparison has little merit here, neither scored 100 as rookies.

What do you think would have happened if i said in 98' Thornton will out score Jagr one day. And it takes Thorton 6 years to pass 100 points. Selanne puts up 132 his rookie year. And he did that every year since right? There are far more precedents that state success one year does not gurantee success every year. And some players take more time. Now if i said Kessel will score more next year. I can see your point. But i didn't so you have none.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
What do you think would have happened if i said in 98' Thornton will out score Jagr one day. And it takes Thorton 6 years to pass 100 points. Selanne puts up 132 his rookie year. And he did that every year since right? There are far more precedents that state success one year does not gurantee success every year. And some players take more time. Now if i said Kessel will score more next year. I can see your point. But i didn't so you have none.

Next time ratings will be released I want to see Nikolai Kulemin with 9.0C ratings ... or Sergei Shirokov with 8.5B. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad