Why do the leafs give up so many shots against?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I am pretty sure we lead the league in LDSA (low danger shots against) I think Babs likes to play a wide open game and slowly take control of the game going into the 3rd period.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I am pretty sure we lead the league in LDSA (low danger shots against) I think Babs likes to play a wide open game and slowly take control of the game going into the 3rd period.

NHL wide, there is a mentality of playing let's not lose the single point. 3rd period play is usually very conservative across the league IMO.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
NHL wide, there is a mentality of playing let's not lose the single point. 3rd period play is usually very conservative across the league IMO.

I see the Leafs pushing the offense all game long, you think the leafs purposely sit back in the 3rd and play for a tie?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I see the Leafs pushing the offense all game long, you think the leafs purposely sit back in the 3rd and play for a tie?

Yep. I think that the single point defines it.

You don't see a prevent defence like you would in the NFL. You will get chances.

But the coaching philosophies league wide is not to lose the single point. With 3 points given out each game, the worst possible outcome is to lose in regulation. Sure 2 would be nice but not at the expense of the 1.

We are just like everyone else in that regard.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Yep. I think that the single point defines it.

You don't see a prevent defence like you would in the NFL. You will get chances.

But the coaching philosophies league wide is not to lose the single point. With 3 points given out each game, the worst possible outcome is to lose in regulation. Sure 2 would be nice but not at the expense of the 1.

We are just like everyone else in that regard.

I get what your saying but I believe the "Leafs" play for the win and don't sit back in the 3rd, Babs idea of defence is playing in the o'zone.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Who knows, two years ago the Leafs were outshooting most teams and losing, now they're being outshot and winning, sometimes the numbers don't make sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad