Why do the hockey gods hate Ryan Callahan?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Having a great game tonight 5 SOG, has a goal disallowed by a fast whistle and then gets hurt by being pulled down, and is likely down for the season? Why??? The guy is a class act, does not deserve this shit.

After looking at the replay should be cursing OEL for such a dirty play. What an a-hole move.

Callahan had him beat and he grabs him while going down To try and draw a penalty.

Last edited:

blood gin

Jan 17, 2017
Played a gritty hard nosed game when he was a Ranger, wonder if that aged him quicker. He probably just started to break down because he couldn't keep up with that style play forever

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
200.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He's been playing his role really well this year. Still has a lot of legs.

I haven't seen anything about him missing the season. I kind of think this thread might be an over-reaction. If Callahan misses a dozen or two dozen games, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
He's been playing his role really well this year. Still has a lot of legs.

I haven't seen anything about him missing the season. I kind of think this thread might be an over-reaction. If Callahan misses a dozen or two dozen games, it sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

The way he was grabbing his arm, rolling around and kicking his legs makes me think it's pretty bad. Given his pain tolerance, as seen by how he's dealt with injuries in the past, it makes me concerned. Also the way OEL and the ref reacted...

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s not about breaking down, was a freak injury that could of happened to anyone. It’s sucks because it took him a year to get back from a major injury and now this crap.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Callahan has been amazing lately. He's shooting like 2% lol. Some awful luck, and then this. Damn.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We should really wait to hear how long he's gonna be out before we start talking like his career is over. The guy misses 10-20 games in a good year, so it's not like anyone was expecting 82 anyway.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We should really wait to hear how long he's gonna be out before we start talking like his career is over. The guy misses 10-20 games in a good year, so it's not like anyone was expecting 82 anyway.

Agree it's still early in the season too. At least it wasn't a leg injury that will take a year to heal.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
It's my fault guys. Look at my nick, also take in consideration i got osteogenesis imperfecta type 1. I probably gave him a slice of my disease, lol.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
after looking at the replay should be cursing OEL for such a dirty play. What an a-hole move.

Callahan had him beat and he grabs him while going down To try and draw a penalty.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That's too bad for Callahan. He suffered multiple shoulder injuries at the end of his career with the Rangers.

Subluxation in a fight against the Flyers and then needed surgery for what was ultimately a torn labrum.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad