why do sweden suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Malefic74 said:
Sweden looked old and tired against the Czechs. Zetterberg is really the only young star they have, the rest of their big name players are closing in 10 or 15 year veterans. They just seemed to lack the energy to really play a puck pursuit, hard checking style.

Sweden needs a youth movement, badly.

And with all the skilled puckhandlers they have on that team you'd think they could come up with something other than dumping it in? Hmmm?

Don´t weep my scandinavian friend. We have some rough generation changes ahead of us as well... Straka, Ručinský, Reichel, Jágr, Šlégr, Dopita (didn´t make it in the NHL but one helluva player) - all of ´em are going to quit. Eliáš, Hejduk, Čajánek are around 28 so they have some time ahead of them but still... New blood is coming in. We won the Junior championships in 00 an 01 so I guess we take em from there. But unfortunately I don´t see any REAL superstar on the horizon except Havlát. Hope someone proves me wrong veery soon :)

4U

Sep 11, 2004
In my opinion Sweden do NOT suck! There´s so much skill and the players do play as a TEAM! I´m from Finland and I´m suppose to hate their team, but it really is so tallented, that you just GOT to LOve it!

sure it´s easy say it now....

H/H

Aug 27, 2004
Malefic74 said:
Sweden looked old and tired against the Czechs. Zetterberg is really the only young star they have, the rest of their big name players are closing in 10 or 15 year veterans. They just seemed to lack the energy to really play a puck pursuit, hard checking style.

Sweden needs a youth movement, badly.

And with all the skilled puckhandlers they have on that team you'd think they could come up with something other than dumping it in? Hmmm?

The junior system has been in shambles for a few years, but it's looking a little better. I still hope they revamp the entire system. We need a more serious and tougher junior system, Canada's would be excellent to imitate. Right now there's too much kiddy play.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
maybe except for Vokoun for the Czech's.[/QUOTE]

Believe me. There is one you all are gonna hear about in about 4 years. Marek Schwarz (18). What a talent :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad