News Article: Why can't we bring up Hicketts?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I hate articles like this when they mention something like "but hey Luke Witkowski can play forward and D" and forget to mention he can press box or play 4 mins a night and it doesn't hurt.

That being said, it's just bad management, and old tired men taking up space being bad.

Reactions: Oddbob

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
I hate articles like this when they mention something like "but hey Luke Witkowski can play forward and D" and forget to mention he can press box or play 4 mins a night and it doesn't hurt.

That being said, it's just bad management, and old tired men taking up space being bad.
Why I never read WiiM. Unless their name is Fedorov, they aren't playing forward and defense.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Let's spin the Wheel o' Cliches to find out why!

*SPIN*

We like our team
Veteran locker room presence
Prospects need more seasoning
Waiting for the 20 game mark
Less is more
He's guaranteed more minutes in GR
Salary cap issues
Isn't Holland's neighbor's sister's BFF
Isn't a right handed shot.

And we have a winner! Apparently Joe Hicketts has not been brought up to the big club because he's not a right handed shot.

I love how scientific the methodology is for this front office. :banghead:

Reactions: Mijatovic

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Second half of the season when best teams will step on the gas Holand will surprise how bad this team is , then he might do something

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Meh. Gotta keep those vets playing. Hicketts hasn't earned it. Yadda yadda. More of the same.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I think you're misreading WIIM if you think they're seriously suggesting Witkowski can play both F and D.
This, it was definitely sarcasm. But that's my point, Witkowski isn't the big block in the cog in regards to Hicketts. I'd rather Witkowski be in his current role than risk Hicketts being a regular scratch.

Kid will be up soon, I can't imagine these 6 will be iron warriors.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think you're misreading WIIM if you think they're seriously suggesting Witkowski can play both F and D.

I can't find it now, but Blash had a quote either today or yesterday about giving Witkowski a look on D. While WIIM was being derisive in saying it, I'm not sure it's not still true of what the Wings will do, at least for a game or two before realizing the guy can't play more than five minutes at that position, either.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's too bad Frk doesn't play D with that shot. It's also too bad none of our defense men have a good shot and rent scoring threats. Green is still effective with his skating and play making though, just wish he could shoot it like he used to

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
It's too bad Frk doesn't play D with that shot. It's also too bad none of our defense men have a good shot and rent scoring threats. Green is still effective with his skating and play making though, just wish he could shoot it like he used to
How come he doesnt shoot like he used to? Been wondering....

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
How come he doesnt shoot like he used to? Been wondering....

I know he suffered a shoulder injury a while ago, maybe that is the reason? I'm talking about in ~2010 or so, some articles mention it but I couldn't find any details on that particular injury. His goal scoring certainly dropped off after that.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Why are we rostering a guy who we can happily play 4 minutes a night? Shouldn't we have players who can actually play?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why are we rostering a guy who we can happily play 4 minutes a night? Shouldn't we have players who can actually play?
Idk, I don't make those decisions.

Personally, I would have Witkowski down and Hicketts up and in the lineup.

I only made the comment because while Witkowski is on the roster and Hicketts isn't, and they're probably the swapped players, that doesn't mean Witkowski is the one holding him back - as is suggested in the article. XO has been awful, he shouldn't be playing every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->