Why can't some of TSN.ca's broadband broadcasts be played in the US?

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Why are some of TSN's internet broadcasts blocked from being played in the states? What is it with the copyright problems that you can not see them outside of Canada- like the broadcast about the Bruin's coach firing and some US open coverage. So irritating- anyone know what the problem is or why they restrict them?

skeena1

May 15, 2006
Why are some of TSN's internet broadcasts blocked from being played in the states? What is it with the copyright problems that you can not see them outside of Canada- like the broadcast about the Bruin's coach firing and some US open coverage. So irritating- anyone know what the problem is or why they restrict them?

Simply, they do not own the rights to show certain things in the States. I doubt CBS or whoever would appreciate it if TSN was showing the Open in their territory. As for the Lewis thing, there may have been highlights involved in the piece that TSN does not have the rights to show in the States. ANd more importantly, someone else in the U.S. does have the rights to.

guyincognito

Mar 21, 2007

Dunno what the problem is, but it's a reasonably new one. I linked up the content alot, for something I did, and it was very annoying to have the blackouts come out of
the blue, thinking you would be able to direct people to a video piece, and then, whoops, guess not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad