Why are so many of you jumping off the bandwagon and breaking your knees?

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
It always amuses me how much of a badass Spector is when writing for his Sportsnet.ca gig, but is a lot more soft spoken on his Oilers Now guest spots.

That said he's not really wrong, other than the thing about Draisaitl IMO. I thought it was established that the Trouba hit was what messed Drai up.

KingKhron

Sep 8, 2008
Being upset that obvious holes, that existed last season, weren't filled is not being a bandwagon fan. It's having expectations. It's like calling anyone with a positive outlook a kool aid drinker.
A band wagon fan is only around when times are good, not staying with the team despite perceived mistakes. Nobody's leaving over this start.
Being a fan doesn't require blind allegiance at all times.
Calling posters band wagon fans for being critical of a bad start after an underwhelming off season just sounds like the positive minded making themselves feel like superior fans.

Also, bailing on the team during a decade of incompetence is hardly jumping off the bandwagon.
My post had nothing to do with bandwagons, never mentioned them and was a question to people who kept complaining about a certain area of weakness without any idea that was concrete at all.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It always amuses me how much of a badass Spector is when writing for his Sportsnet.ca gig, but is a lot more soft spoken on his Oilers Now guest spots.

That said he's not really wrong, other than the thing about Draisaitl IMO. I thought it was established that the Trouba hit was what messed Drai up.

Media guys are kind of blind sometimes.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
Not jumping off the bandwagon, but Chia completely bungled this off season. I defended the Russell contract but he completely failed to fill the holes that we had and I'm not a fan of the Eberle trade. Our wing depth is pretty terrible now. I'm off the Chia bandwagon until he proves otherwise.

Reactions: OilCountry93

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
WJPfcaU.gif

and on a related note ill guess draisaitl literally did get knocked out off ice

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
My post had nothing to do with bandwagons, never mentioned them and was a question to people who kept complaining about a certain area of weakness without any idea that was concrete at all.
Didn't mean to quote you there. Not sure how that happened actually.
Sorry.

Reactions: KingKhron

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014

Likely because he would stop getting invited on and if you even question the Oilers to Stauffer he goes off the deep end trying to defend them and how everything is rosy.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Back on the bandwagon!
Let's start the unofficial Edmonton Hockey Team bandwagon, everyone Tiers 2 through 6 are welcome. Unlimited on/off privileges, restroom in the back if you need to take a dump on the team. Best part is, you don't even need to show up every game. Hell, I'm not even sure who's driving. Liquor?

maxresdefault.jpg

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Here is a stat to make you guys feel better. After 7/8 games last year the following teams were NOT in a playoff spot
Nashville, Columbus, Anaheim, Toronto.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not jumping off the bandwagon, but Chia completely bungled this off season. I defended the Russell contract but he completely failed to fill the holes that we had and I'm not a fan of the Eberle trade. Our wing depth is pretty terrible now. I'm off the Chia bandwagon until he proves otherwise.
Chia's job this offseason was different than seasons past. He's been doing a good job of adding players up to that point, and at some point we need to focus on the cap instead of adding. Replacing Eberle sounds easy, but we needed to move that salary, and a true replacement would cost salary. As far as I'm concerned, Yama replaced Ebs anyway.

The number one priority was signing Drai and McDavid. The Drai negotiation held up things. We also need to keep our picks from now on, just because we need a deep prospect pool for the coming years. Could you imagine if we traded the pick that would be Yama, but for a rental last season?

A GM is based on results. So far, Chia's team doesn't have results. I don't think that continues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->