HF Habs: Who's your all time favourite habs goalie

Which goalie is your all time favourite

• Total voters

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Penney came out of nowhere and faded nearly as quickly. I went to the Good Friday game and he was brilliant. Two or three years later I went to the Forum and watched Roy and the Habs dismantle Penney and the Jets. It was stunning how brief Penney's career arc was.
He was the man in April 84 play offs. Came to camp fat and out of shape in September.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I was too young to remember much of Roy, Price is my favourite current Habs player though and has been since he was a rookie. I'm excited to see him bounce back next year!
I like Price but his career is just not in the same league as the great before him.

If not for the Hart trophy (which in no small deal)... Price is more comparable to Cujo.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
huh?....have you seen him play THIS SEASON?
I've seen worst goaltending. Early on it was bad (atrocious), but he got "mid range" afterward. I'd say he is a great goalie, not the best one... but still an elite one. Sure, season to season consistency has always been an issue for him..

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I've seen worst goaltending. Early on it was bad (atrocious), but he got "mid range" afterward. I'd say he is a great goalie, not the best one... but still an elite one. Sure, season to season consistency has always been an issue for him..

so why are we paying a "mid range" goaltender 10+ million dollars a season, when he is not even performing as well as most 5 million dollar goalies?

MB should be fired on the Price contract alone.....and I can't believe Molson would agree to this contract when he is all about money

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Andre Racicot
475.gif

Reactions: nhlfan9191

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
so why are we paying a "mid range" goaltender 10+ million dollars a season, when he is not even performing as well as most 5 million dollar goalies?

MB should be fired on the Price contract alone.....and I can't believe Molson would agree to this contract when he is all about money

Price is above mid-range, in the past 5 seasons he has 3 where he's finished top-5 in Vezina voting, one he was injured but probably would've been another top-5 finish, and then he had a bad year this year.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Price is above mid-range, in the past 5 seasons he has 3 where he's finished top-5 in Vezina voting

who cares what he has done in the past?....and who cares about individual awards!!....what is he doing for the team now?.....NOTHING!!

I would rather have a goalie who gets us a cup and never won a single individual award

and no, he is not above mid-range.....he is mid-range AT BEST!....currently ranked almost 70th in the LEAGUE among all active goaltenders.....that is far from mid-range!!

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
who cares what he has done in the past?....and who cares about individual awards!!....what is he doing for the team now?.....NOTHING!!

I would rather have a goalie who gets us a cup and never won a single individual award

and no, he is not above mid-range.....he is mid-range AT BEST!....currently ranked almost 70th in the LEAGUE among all active goaltenders.....that is far from mid-range!!

So what would be your solution? Try and trade him away instead of giving him a chance to bounce back? Should we do that with every goalie who ever has a below-average season for our team?

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
This is really a demographic poll.

If you trim the fat - the 15% that isn't 'Roy, Dryden, Price' - you'd get similar results if the question was 'what is your age?'.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
So what would be your solution? Try and trade him away instead of giving him a chance to bounce back? Should we do that with every goalie who ever has a below-average season for our team?

my solution was to trade him YEARS AGO!!....that was the solution!!

MB should be tarred and feathered for this contract....this is WORSE then the god damn Gomez trade!!!

it's been 10 freakin years of Price and we have accomplished NOTHING!!!!

it's god damn time to MOVE ON!!...for both Price and the team!!

this team will never win anything with Price here!!....i said that over 7 years ago....and i stand by it today!!

has any team ever won the cup after a goalie has been playing for the team for over 10 years?......NO!!!!....and Price aint gonna change history!!

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
my solution was to trade him YEARS AGO!!....that was the solution!!

MB should be tarred and feathered for this contract....this is WORSE then the god damn Gomez trade!!!

it's been 10 freakin years of Price and we have accomplished NOTHING!!!!

it's god damn time to MOVE ON!!...for both Price and the team!!

this team will never win anything with Price here!!....i said that over 7 years ago....and i stand by it today!!

has any team ever won the cup after a goalie has been playing for the team for over 10 years?......NO!!!!....and Price aint gonna change history!!
Contracts are going up
Brobovsky is gonna make 11 million his next deal
The best.goalies are gonna get paid. Price said the tone.

Let's see what bergevin does this summer if he can pull off a miracle and get tavares. Plus add another center and number 2 d.

Price will be fine

If we dont add Tavares or an impact center (not stastny) or solid 2 d
There' no reason to keep Carey
Trade him and retain salary
Might as well go full rebuild

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Price is not the problem with this team. Yes he had a bad year but even if he had had a Vezina-worthy year this team was built to fail. Be thankful that he didn't play well enough to raise this crap team from a potential top 3 lottery pick to a guaranteed 9th or 10th pick.

When the foundation of your house is sinking into the ground you don't waste time worrying about changing the bedroom wallpaper. Arguing about whether Price can bounce back or not is wallpaper talk. You need to be calling a contractor, not an interior designer. The problems which plague this team would still exist even if Price had played great and would still be significant enough to make a great season by Price absolutely meaningless. If this team is "never going to win anything" it's not going to be because of Price. Right now they can't win with or without him.

Reactions: Fixxer

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Roy vs the Rangers was absolutely sick! Dryden had the big three in front of him, Price had positional excellence which seems to have deserted him.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
We've been spoiled with goalies. That's been one constant with this franchise. For whatever reason, goalies tend to pull at or above their weight here, and I've been a fan of alot of them.

Roy, Hackett, Theodore, huet, halak, and price all fit the list.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
In 86 he was a rookie and basically stole the series against the Rangers, remember all of the saves in MSG in overtime? They should have won in 89 but the hockey Gods were smiling on Lanny Macdonald. I am not referring to Colorado, we never had anything like Sakic, Forsberg and company.

It was all about Macdonald's mystical mustache!

Yes, I cried.

Reactions: OldCraig71

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
We've been spoiled with goalies. That's been one constant with this franchise. For whatever reason, goalies tend to pull at or above their weight here, and I've been a fan of alot of them.

Roy, Hackett, Theodore, huet, halak, and price all fit the list.

Does our luck run out eventually? What our fanbase needs is to go threw what Toronto did from 05-16. We just expect good goaltending now. One guys amazing, he falls off and the next guy is waiting. Our time will come. Those 24 cups came at a price.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
How can anyone on this board born In the mid 70s and later not pick Roy?? He was a god. He gave the Habs a legit chance every year to contend
I was born in 74 and have grown up my whole life being told Dryden was amazing. My dads favourite. Wish I was old enough to have seen him live.

Reactions: groovejuice

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Does our luck run out eventually? What our fanbase needs is to go threw what Toronto did from 05-16. We just expect good goaltending now. One guys amazing, he falls off and the next guy is waiting. Our time will come. Those 24 cups came at a price.

It should have run out a long time ago.

When Roy left town, and thibault was kind of struggling, Andy Moog came in and gave a surprisingly solid year before retirement. That was unexpected.

In the mid 2000s, there was another chance to see goaltending at it's worst, but then some relative unknown from France steps in and propels a team going nowhere into the playoffs. What about halak in 2010, what the heck was that?

Who knows who that next guy will be, but I'm conditioned to kind of expect it happening now when it appears hope is lost. It doesn't apply to this team because I think it's silly to lose hope at this point that price isn't capable of being a top 5 goalie in this game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->