Whos stock went up and down in TOP PROSPECTS GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Munchausen

Unbiased Canadian said:
I know it doesn't matter much at all because he could have one leg and still go first overall.

However in some people's eyes i think Crosby's stock may have fallen .0001% simply for the fact that he didn't play in the game.

Someone out there has to agree with me on this one.

Unbiased Canadian

In some emotional (as opposed to rational) fans' eyes, sure. In professional scouts' eyes, not one bit.

Jared Ramsden

Feb 28, 2002
Calgary
From the brief moments I watched, Bourett really stood out the most to me. Lots of energy and spunk for such a little guy. Excellent skater and showed a good skill level too.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
He impressed at the skills competition. He was just average during the game, but no doubt scouts will like his 6'6'' size.
OK, maybe it's because I didn't see the Skills competition.

I would say he was below average during the game, he was easily passed by by forwards and his skating was atrocious. Your probably right that scouts will like his size but it souldn't work like that, smaller players with more talent should be ranked higher than this 6'6" pylon.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Unbiased Canadian said:
I know it doesn't matter much at all because he could have one leg and still go first overall.

However in some people's eyes i think Crosby's stock may have fallen .0001% simply for the fact that he didn't play in the game.

Someone out there has to agree with me on this one.

Unbiased Canadian
YES,Someone out there has to agree with you ,it's just that they are too
f***ing stoned right now to make a post.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Up:

Brule - He raised his stock but I still think he is O'Sullivan the second. Alot of speed and agility along with a rocket. Brule should pass more though.

Bourret - This is what I have been saying about him before the WJC where I thought he should have been on the team. Excellent skater, solid and physical. Plays alot like Wendel Clark.

Zagrapan - A very exciting player. Uses his speed well and has amazing vision. He is a less polished version of Zetterberg. I still think he will go higher then he should.

Staal - I was hoping he would have a quiet game and stay in the Devils range. With this game it is evident he will go top ten. An overall force. Alot like Suter.

Setoguchi - My second favorite player of Davidson's team. He is defenitly a spark plug. He has great speed, hits hard and has a nack for the net. He reminds me of Morrow.

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
Oscar Bartulis

Does anyone have any feedback on the play of d-man Oscar Bartulis. I was unable to see the game and was just curious how he fared. Thanks :)

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Carl O'Steen said:
Marek Zagrapan made him look good.

Was it just me or is Smolenak's skating pretty bad?

If anything I'd say it was the other way around. Smolenak was making Zagrapan look better then he was. Smolenak was all over the place creating scoring chances with his stickhandling, putting pucks on the net. His skating certainly didnt seem like a weakness to me.

I think we watched a different player.

saskhab

May 12, 2004
Saskatoon
www.puckworlds.com
Rabbit's stock more went up due to the skills competition than the game itself. I'm a Blades fan and I thought he was kind of benefiting from the work of his linemates during the game than creating chances himself. He wasn't that bad defensively, but wasn't good either (and he isn't that good defensively for the Blades). The -6 was due to horrid turnovers, pinches, and missed assingments by d-men who were absolutely brutal on Team Davidson, aside from Staal who was excellent. BTW, Rabbit won the fastest skater at the skills comp, always a huge boost for a small guy.

Setoguchi did something every shift. Hits guys, gets a offensive zone chance, drew a penalty... huge game for him.

Did anyone notice Benoit Pouloit out there? Some #2 prospect.

Zagrapan was great. Lantendresse was pretty good. McArdle was great. Brule was great.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
The only way the stock of any of these players was changed dramatically was if this your first viewing of them. However, it's not those people who make or at least contribute to the decision of who to draft.

NV

Aug 22, 2003
Heshmatpour was only rated as high as he was because of the NHL's obsession with size. He never does anything more than he did last night but his stock won't fall any becausr he's huge, it doesn't matter how bad he is.

Bourdon and Lashoff were both terrible, so Hesh doesn't take the prize as worst defensive player in the game. Lashoff, for what it's worth, usually is better than he was last night. He's twice the defenceman Heshmatpour is (again not saying much).

Staal was easily the best defenceman on the ice and his stock will probable jump a little bit but he won't get into the top few picks and he was likely mid-first round to begin with, so the rise may not be too great.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
IAMCANADIAN said:
Does anyone have any feedback on the play of d-man Oscar Bartulis. I was unable to see the game and was just curious how he fared. Thanks :)

Oskar did not play as well as he should have played.

He wasn't horrid or anything, but he was caught out of position a few times on noticeable plays. He seemed, unusually, too caught up in trying to impress by scoring and creating offence than playing solid defensively and letting everything else come naturally as he normally does.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
NV said:
Heshmatpour was only rated as high as he was because of the NHL's obsession with size. He never does anything more than he did last night but his stock won't fall any becausr he's huge, it doesn't matter how bad he is.

Bourdon and Lashoff were both terrible, so Hesh doesn't take the prize as worst defensive player in the game. Lashoff, for what it's worth, usually is better than he was last night. He's twice the defenceman Heshmatpour is (again not saying much).

Staal was easily the best defenceman on the ice and his stock will probable jump a little bit but he won't get into the top few picks and he was likely mid-first round to begin with, so the rise may not be too great.

What is your assesment of Ryan Parent's play?

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Up: Latendresse, Staal, Bourret, Neal (way up), Setoguchi, Drazenovic, Trukhno, Davis

Down: Bourdon, Lashoff, Kindl, Pouliot (although he did show some flashes of brillance)

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
UP : Alex Bourrett, Marc Staal , Setoguchi, Radek Smolenak , McArdle, Trukhno & Gilbert Brule (only because he will go before 6 his CSB ranking)

Down : Bourdon, Paquet, Kindl, Lashoff & Heshmatpour all struggled and the goalies well I will leave that for itself ..

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
NV said:

I think he is exactly what Anaheim will be looking for with the 9th overall pick. (assuming the order stays the same)

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I was really impressed by Latendresse, I'm sure he'll end up top ten by the end of the season, with the hands and size he has, someone has to snap that up, he has impressive upside, and he's improving like crazy this year.

I liked the play Ryan O'Marra as well, he seems like a great lowercase No.1 center in the future, along the lines of Daymond Langkow.

icelord6

Oct 14, 2004
So by the looks of it, no goalies stock rose or fell? Were they just generally solid, and none of them really stood out?

Kamsa

Jun 18, 2004
I thought Scott Jackson was the best D-man on the ice, i think he was +1 on a team that had 8 goals scored against. His defencive zone play is unreal, very solid and steady back there.

Munchausen

icelord6 said:
So by the looks of it, no goalies stock rose or fell? Were they just generally solid, and none of them really stood out?

Well I thought Levasseur was pretty bad. The guy looked awfully nervous and it showed. If his stock goes somewhere as a result of this game, it can only be down, although I don't think any prospect will start to free fall in the rankings based on this game.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Munchausen said:
Well I thought Levasseur was pretty bad. The guy looked awfully nervous and it showed. If his stock goes somewhere as a result of this game, it can only be down, although I don't think any prospect will start to free fall in the rankings based on this game.
But the "Seeds of Doubt" in Scouts minds certainly was planted ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad