Whos stock went up and down in TOP PROSPECTS GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Who increased there chances of moving up in the draft? Who didn't play well and may move down in the rankings or hurt there stock? I fell asleep before the game even started and just saw that Brule had 3g 1a.

Does his performance move him back into 2nd based on rankings? Of course the team at #2 will pick Johnson if they want a dman badly.

leafaholix*

I think Marc Staal's stock went way up, I'd take him as soon as #5.

Patrick Davis as well, he was all over the place.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Who increased there chances of moving up in the draft? Who didn't play well and may move down in the rankings or hurt there stock? I fell asleep before the game even started and just saw that Brule had 3g 1a.

Does his performance move him back into 2nd based on rankings? Of course the team at #2 will pick Johnson if they want a dman badly.

Radek Smolenak

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It sounds like Matt Lashoff had a bad game, although I'm not sure how much stock a scout will put into a performance in a game like this.

leafaholix*

Rabid Ranger said:
It sounds like Matt Lashoff had a bad game, although I'm not sure how much stock a scout will put into a performance in a game like this.
Quite a bit.

If they can't compete against the best of the best in junior hockey... their stock drops... that's unless they're a stud, which Lashoff proved he's not. He was brutal.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:
Quite a bit.

If they can't compete against the best of the best in junior hockey... their stock drops... that's unless they're a stud, which Lashoff proved he's not. He was brutal.

I disagree. He struggled at the start, but improved as the game went on. He was not dreadful like you suggest. Luc Bourdon was a bigger dissapointment.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Carl O'Steen said:

Although I think Staal's stock went way up, I certainly don't think he's worthy of the top five, even the top ten. If he can continue to play physically and pitch in on the attack in junior, he may get in the top ten.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
up: Staal, Latendresse, Bourret, Setoguchi, Zagrapan, Truhkno, Rabbit

down: Bourdon, Lashoff, Paquet

Rageinthecage

Aug 5, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Carl O'Steen said:

I agree, Staal was by far the best defenseman on the ice. Solid d-zone coverage, plenty of good hits, cleared a puck out of the crease to save a goal on one occasion, joined the rush on a couple of occasions, and seems very poised in moving the puck. Even though I was mostly watching the forward prospects all game, I couldn't help but notice that Staal was quietly the most effective player on the ice in many aspects.

lucas

Apr 6, 2003
Visit site
Chris Lawrence looked good with Brule, and this Neal guy looked like he had some good speed.

I thought Collins and Bourdon looked brutal. And I didn't see Davis really stand out to me

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
What about Bobby Ryan? I saw the highlights that he got hammered ... good hit by Bourret :handclap: Unfortunately he may be out for 10 days.

How did his skating look? I've read he is pretty slow out there... how was his skating in yesterdays game until the got hurt?

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
GuiG said:
up: Staal, Latendresse, Bourret, Setoguchi, Zagrapan, Truhkno, Rabbit

down: Bourdon, Lashoff, Paquet

Ididn't get a chance to see the game but I wonder how Rabbit's stock would go up after a -6 performance?

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
trahans99 said:
What about Bobby Ryan? I saw the highlights that he got hammered ... good hit by Bourret :handclap: Unfortunately he may be out for 10 days.

How did his skating look? I've read he is pretty slow out there... how was his skating in yesterdays game until the got hurt?

Nobody got a chance to see him skate much before he got buckled!!

I thought Brule, Drazenovic, Setoguchi, Bass, Price, Bourret, Latendresse, Zagrapan, McArdle, Parent, Kohn, Rabbit, Trukhno, Jackson and Staal all had times in the game where they looked good.

Brule - I wouldn't say he dominated out there, but he finished the night with 3 goals! Nobody else did!

Drazenovic - Showed good puck control, skating and made some nice passes.

Setoguchi - Absolutely hammered a few guys and showed some good hands around the net.

Bass - Good speed and likes to lay the body.

Price - Was very good in his 30 minutes of play. Can handle the puck like Brodeur!

Bourret - Was a force all night. He was banging, skating, passing and scoring. Looked good for a smaller guy.

Zagrapan - Got better as the game went on. Always seemed to be around the net and creating something with his linemates.

McArdle - Scored two goals and showed some skill up and down the wing.

Parent - The kid just had a solid game, that's about it.

Now I didn't think Bourdon, Paquet, Kindl, Lashoff(I thought Lashoff had a good few shifts early) and Heshmatpour exactly had great games, but to their defence, all the D-men in this game were under constant pressure and any of their mistakes usually resulted in a goal with the amount of skill that was up front. I don't know what D pairing were matched up with who, but I'm sure some had a little more to deal with than others! I didn't think any of the goalies looked stellar, although Price played well during his time, but some will say he didn't face as many shots. I would beg to differ and say he was excellent.

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Carl O'Steen said:
Marek Zagrapan made him look good.

Was it just me or is Smolenak's skating pretty bad?
It was you :) Or perhaps his skating didn't translate well on t.v. because I was sitting behind the net on Zagrapan's 4 on 4 goal and it was Smolenak's skating that created the opportunity - speed + strength to get through check, extra stride behind the net and a nifty pass.

Munchausen

Latendresse. Where was he ranked by CSS? 66th among NAs? Can't see him droping that low. The guy has some great offensive tools and a frame to make any GM drool all over him at draft day. Can't see him slip past the 1st round. He's a long term project, but he has impact NHLer potential IMO. All depends on his dedication when he becomes pro and will to make it.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
theredmile said:
Ididn't get a chance to see the game but I wonder how Rabbit's stock would go up after a -6 performance?

well he had a lot of scoring chances. He was creative. Even if he was -6 he didn't played bad defensivly. His defenseman made a lot of mistakes defensivly particularly Bourdon.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
I know it doesn't matter much at all because he could have one leg and still go first overall.

However in some people's eyes i think Crosby's stock may have fallen .0001% simply for the fact that he didn't play in the game.

Someone out there has to agree with me on this one.

Unbiased Canadian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad