Who's getting Wemby - The San Antonio Spurs win the 2023 lottery

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good spot for Wemby. A great organization that'll take care of him and help him develop. I was worried for him that he might end up in Charlotte or something.

I expect to see speculation about the Blazers trading the 3rd pick to the Raptors for OG about 700 times before the draft. Maybe not straight up but for some type of package. Blazers have been thirsting for him for over a year now.

Reactions: Voight

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Saw a line that said it’s the fourth time in Charlotte team history they’ve picked #2. The guys that went #1 were:

1992 - Shaq
2004 - Dwight Howard
2012 - AD
2023 - Wemby

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
In terms of hockey equivalent? Is this guy a McDavid or projected better than that ?
i'd say he's for sure up there with mcdavid/crosby in terms of hype. he's for sure the best bball prospect since lebron. the thing with wemby is that there's never been a guy that size with the skillset he has. closest comp i can think of is porzingis, but wemby is much faster and more athletic

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Spurs have horseshoes.

Mind you, so do the Pels. They lose CP3, get the chance To draft AD right after, lose him and end up with the chance to pick Zion.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
What I like the most about this is that Wemby really wants to go to San Antonio since he was a kid

I just hope he will be immune to injuries, because of his body type, that's my only concern

But yeah I'm super excited :)

Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What I like the most about this is that Wemby really wants to go to San Antonio since he was a kid

I just hope he will be immune to injuries, because of his body type, that's my only concern

But yeah I'm super excited :)
Yeah, I'm interested to see how his body holds up as well. His other skills will likely offset that but he's going to take a pounding.

Reactions: Power Man

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Saw a line that said it’s the fourth time in Charlotte team history they’ve picked #2. The guys that went #1 were:

1992 - Shaq
2004 - Dwight Howard
2012 - AD
2023 - Wemby

Alonzo, Emeka Okafor, and Kidd-Gilcrest were the picks.

Zo left early. Okafor was okay but didn't pan into the star they were hoping for. Kidd-Gilcrest was a borderline bust who had a career year in a contract year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00