Who's Fault Is It? POLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balej20*

Wow, players seem to be taking a big portion of the blame here.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Balej20 said:
Wow, players seem to be taking a big portion of the blame here.

Of course. 90% of this board is pro-owner. 75% of this board is also canadian and its obvious which side most of them stand by.

Balej20*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
Of course. 90% of this board is pro-owner. 75% of this board is also canadian and its obvious which side most of them stand by.

I always found it odd that the Canadians are anti-Union...

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
Balej20 said:

I'm usually pro-union, but in this case, the PA is just being stupid. If they had one once of sanity and self-preservation, there would be hockey playing today.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Balej20 said:

The media more pro-owner then union north of the boarder. Plus majority of Canadian teams would do better in the NHL with a cap. Some team(s) could also survive easier with more cost certainity.

Balej20*

FLYLine4LIFE said:
The media more pro-owner then union north of the boarder. Plus majority of Canadian teams would do better in the NHL with a cap. Some team(s) could also survive easier with more cost certainity.

yeah, you're right.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well I'm an Albertan and I hate Unions with a passion and the NHLPA is no exception..........Pro Owner all the way.... :handclap:

Balej20*

Devonator said:
Well I'm an Albertan and I hate Unions with a passion and the NHLPA is no exception..........Pro Owner all the way.... :handclap:

niceeee!

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
To place blame is looking in the past and I think that is close to irrelevant now.

That said, turning down the $42.5 cap, the players may well have turned down the best offer they will receive and that without a vote. Goodenow explained why there was no vote, that the committee had the authority to negotiate on behalf of all the players and only go back to them when he had an 'acceptable' offer. But when you have squeezed the last proverbial nickel out of the other side, I would think the offer should be presented back to the membership for their consideration and not just tossed aside.

Is still doesn't matter though, it's where do they go from here?

Chilly Willy*

I blame Goodenow, someone please Bertuzzi his sorry *insert slang for buttocks* asap.

I hate unions, i'm pro owner.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
IMO everyone is at fault. Bettmen for letting it get to this point and now having to work backwards, the owners for not policing themselves, and the players for not understanding that they just can't get that money anymore. I voted for the players though becasue I think that they carry the most fault.

To tell you the truth, I'm not that sad about the canceling of the season. While I love hockey and think it's the greatest game in the world, I also see the NHL as the most flawed league in sports. CBA problems aside, how does the NHL expect to gain fans when you have to guess at what the rules are, the making of new rules every other year, and my biggest fear the induction of roller hockey rules in the future. I'm hoping that the NHL can correct itself as a whole and come back strong in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad