Who's better then Brule right now?

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Kari Lehtonen , Jack Johnson , Erik Johnson and Bobby Ryan

To me Lehtonen is no longer a prospect and i dont think that hockeys future should look at him as one either............Bobby Ryan I would say is not better then Brule.........Radulov might be........there are a few who might be in the future but for right now ill stick with Radulov, and Malkin.....dont really want to get into defence cuz its tough to compare.........JJ and EJ are higher picks but are they better right now.......who knows.........what about shea weber.......marc staal.......luc bourdon........tough to compare.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
For forwards? In terms of points? Not including Malkin...

Radulov, Kessel, O' Sullivan, and maybe even (darkhorse guys) Wolski, Schremp and Kopitar could all out point him next year (based on them having bigger offensive upside)

None are as solid both ways though. In terms of two way, Ryan comes closest, but I'd give the nod to Brule.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
For forwards? In terms of points? Not including Malkin...

Radulov, Kessel, O' Sullivan, and maybe even (darkhorse guys) Wolski, Schremp and Kopitar could all out point him next year (based on them having bigger offensive upside)

None are as solid both ways though. In terms of two way, Ryan comes closest, but I'd give the nod to Brule.

I don't think Wolski is a darkhorse. I do agree though that he is probably better than Brule right now. I'd also say that Radulov has to be considered as a player who is up there and ahead of Brule, same with O'Sullivan. We also have to take into effect that Brule lost how many months of develpment due to injury?

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Kari Lehtonen , Jack Johnson , Erik Johnson and Bobby Ryan

Bobby Ryan? Pleasee..

Brule has much better offensive instincts than Ryan, hes a faster skater, displays better defensive efforts, and can throw the body like no other guy can for his size, due to his blazing speed. He also has that in your face gritty style, and tremendous passion for the game. All Bobby Ryan has on Brule is his powerforward size, and ability to sheild, and control the puck.

Brule takes the cake here.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I don't think Wolski is a darkhorse. I do agree though that he is probably better than Brule right now. I'd also say that Radulov has to be considered as a player who is up there and ahead of Brule, same with O'Sullivan. We also have to take into effect that Brule lost how many months of develpment due to injury?

Did you see Brule in the Mem Cup? He was a monster.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Darkhorse in terms of outpointing Brule next season. In future seasons, it's all up in the air :)

they are only darkhorses because I am unsure how much icetime they will get next year in the NHL.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Agreed.
People underate Brule IMO.

Not at all. I would say most people here see 1st line C in his future. I just think in terms of offense, there are some others that have more pure talent then he does.

He makes up for it with hard work and 2-way play though.

And nomorekids, lol. I think you forgot this :sarcasm:

People do however underate Radulov, imho. He's gonna be a star.

Last edited:

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
yeah, but radulov is russian, which means that he'll get to the NHL, find the work involved too much, and return to Russia to make money, drink wodka and eat cupcakes.

Brule? Not only is he from Canada...he's a good ol' WESTERN Canadian boy! Can we say "Ryan Smyth?!"

I thought Brule was a transplanted Quebecer, or at least his parents were. Anyways, with regards to Radulov, he could put up similar numbers to those of Kovalchuk and Ovechkin IF Trotz lets the reins loose on him. He could be a very, very, very fun player to watch.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
1. Malkin
2. Brule
3/4. Radulov/O'Sullivan
5. Wolski/rest.

Brule is going to have a much larger impact than Radulov/O'Sullivan, and I wouldn't be suprised to see him take over the #1 centre job by the end of the year. He has bulked up to 192 lbs this off-season and is in excellent shape.. he has more talent than anyone on this list not named Malkin, and more grit than any of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->