Who's better: Matt Carle or Shea Weber?

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Carle is a better skater out there, not saying Weber is a bad one, but Carle is a great skater, has a great first pass.....is very good offensively.

Weber is far above defensively, he absolutely demolishes people, he is the 28 minute a night shut down defenceman that teams try to never let go.

Carle to me is going to be more of a Kaberle/Gonchar type of Dman where Weber is going to compare to Phaneuf/Stevens type of Dman.

Getting that top end shut down dman is a lot harder to get then an offensive one......and no matter how you slice it Carle isnt a top end shutdown dman.

I think that Weber has a chance to be pretty close to as good as Phaneuf and those 2 with Erik Johnson I think are going to be the top trio over the next 15 years.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
This is the battle for the 2nd place, Shane O'Brien is ahead of them both :yo:

Seriously, O'Brien is 2nd in rookie d-man points despite playing 7mins less per game than Carle thanks to Prongermayer stealing most of the icetime. And O'Brien is extremely physical on top of his good puckskills.

Pretty good for a 7th round pick.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville

Seriously, O'Brien is 2nd in rookie d-man points despite playing 7mins less per game than Carle thanks to Prongermayer stealing most of the icetime. And O'Brien is extremely physical on top of his good puckskills.

Weber is NOT a rookie

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site

Even better for an 8th round pick! :D

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Good god, this coming from someone who thinks Rory Fitzpatrick is god and devotes his life to getting him into the all star game. I wouldnt put much stock into his opinion.

ROFL

Reasearch into this a bit, before you say stuff like that lol. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad